Menu

Audiobooks with scrolling text - a great way to work on pronunciation and accent

Joan in GE

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the new kindle fire HD allows for immersion experience when you purchase both the e-book and the audio book from audible.com as long as both say whispersync for voice ready. Amazon has foreign country websites and maybe audible.com does as well. I know that ds loves immersion for more challenging books. I love it since I know he is learning correct pronunciation!

I have an older kindle touch. It's not quite as seamless as Pris mentioned but I do often buy the audio from audible.de and then either a kindle edition from amazon.com or a paperback from amazon.de in order to have pronunciation practice- especially with harder books that I might have trouble with audio alone- as I'm a very visual learner.

I have an older kindle touch. It's not quite as seamless as Pris mentioned but I do often buy the audio from audible.de and then either a kindle edition from amazon.com or a paperback from amazon.de in order to have pronunciation practice- especially with harder books that I might have trouble with audio alone- as I'm a very visual learner.

That's not a bad idea....because I can get used books so cheaply...

And for French - I have this site for audiobooks - http://www.litteratureaudio.com/

But there's no print text.....

I'm trying to not buy a kindle yet as I have a houseful of books and used ones are cheaper than the kindle version but maybe in the future....

Joan

Then you are lucky ;-)

It is the only title I had saved in my links ...

Do you know this?

www.DeBoeck.be has a new serie for French, German and Spanish:

Lire en s’entrainer

Lesen und üben

Leer y aprender

Then you get the book with the audio-CD together.

It is not free like literatureaudio, but it has the more 'easy readers'.

I can't read aloud in French, I know the pronunciation, but not the meaning of the words.

So I read 'flat', at one tone.

These CD's are animated: I try to say that every person has his own voice, so the text becomes alive.

Probably you are further then the available levels, but here we like it :-)

I hope I made it clear: talking about other languages in a foreign language seems somehow difficult to/for me.

loesje - you do a good job! and it's great that you offer ideas!

I do like DeBoeck - they publish English books in French and did Campbell Biology, Swokowski Calculus, and Hechts Physics and probably others...

We have used a lot of the Lire et s'entrainer books....it does add up over the years though, so 'free' tends to look better when possible...They are a useful choice to get started reading longer books...

Thanks loesje!

Joan