Menu

vit d??

HollyDay

The main thing is to be sure to take D3 vs. D2 (D3 is much more bioavailable and potent), and to avoid a bunch of additives in the supplement. The shorter the ingredients list, the better.

We use this one: http://www.vitacost.com/country-life-vitamin-d3-2500-iu-200-softgels?csrc=GPF-PA-015794058052&%7Bifmobile:298346236%7D&ci_sku=015794058052&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=COfZts2D67QCFYs7MgodpDsAdQ

are they planning on rechecking your levels after a certain period of time? I agree you want the most bioavailable form as you will absorb and use more of it and your body doesn't have to convert it to the form it will use.

My dd doesn't absorb D3 supplements available in geltabs. (10,000IU's daily barely moved her D3 levels in two months. USRDA is 400IU's.) she takes a liquid and it has started rising very slowly.

I'm curious too as I've heard good things about taking D3 in liquid form in terms of raising levels. Also fermented CLO raises levels as well. The only issue with liquid D3 is rancidity. I was taking one for awhile and it definitely went off after a time even though I was storing it in the fridge. I've read similar reports on amazon.

Kristen, what liquid does she take? I take gel tabs and my levels don't move either.

Not Kristen, but I give DD Now Foods in liquid form. I've increased it by a lot recently. I thought 400 IU was enough, but according to an article I read yesterday, it should be 1000 IU per 25 pounds. I don't have the guts to drip so much suddenly, so for now, it's just 1400 IU.

Definitely take D3 in liquid form if you can, and remember to keep it refrigerated! Another added benefit is that it's easy to tell if it goes rancid, it's hard to tell with the tabs because you generally just swallow them whole (and those do go rancid as well). I recommend getting a smaller container to begin with, as the taste can vary and you may like one better than the other.

I take 5000 mg two times a day.