Menu

I swept up enough sand to fill a toddler sand box

Ottakee

I just swept our main floor and got enough sand to almost fill a toddler sand box...........or so it seemed.

We have those prof. astro turf type mats outside the doors, prof. inside mats inside the doors, and mostly remove shoes.

HOW do you keep your floors clean? We have laminate on the entire main floor except a small TV room.

I don't! I'll have clean floors when I'm an empty nester. Until then, 5 minutes after I clean them, one of the kiddos or dh (most often), tracks mud or hay through the house. I fantasize about chasing them through the house with a broom and the steamer, laughing maniacally all the way.

I'm in the, "life's too short, I can have clean floors when I'm old" camp.

We have hardwood thoughout the house. I sweep the (smallish) kitchen and eating area probably twice a day, the rest of the living spaces every other day or so, and the bedrooms when I get around to it. They look clean for about 3 hours after I'm done, except for the light colored kitchen floor which looks clean for about 20 minutes. :-P

I like to wear my shoes in the house.

I might just have to live with it. I could wipe the dog's feet each time but she is in and out alot. I wish I could convince dh and kids to remove shoes EVERY time but so often we are in and out quick--like a bathroom run that it takes so much time to take the shoes off and put them back on.

I am sure it doesn't help that we have a farm which means LOTS of dirt. Wish there was a magic way to keep the floors clean.