Menu

I posted on gen. ed board too, but Kindle Fire downloading Question

TravelingChris

We have downloaded some books successfully before on our Kindle Fire. This includes books from public libraries, Amazon, and I think University of VA collection. My dd was assigned A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court which is a book that is in public domain. She wants it on the KIndle Fire. I tried searching and came across Project Gutenberg which claims it has a Kindle download. Well we downloaded it and it cannot be opened. She can read the book on the kindle in the house since we have web access here but can't read it in the car. I posted this question on the general ed board but thought about the fact that I don't even go there much so maybe others don't either.

Can anyone help?

I thought I replied but apparently not. It is showing up as a file but cannot be opened.

I did not download via USB cable but just using the web on my Kindle and downloading the Kindle file from Project Gutenberg. I don't care if it is from PG but just want to find a usable free downloadable version of the book. However, I would like to know how to use PG for future use, if not right now.