Menu

Organizing Miquon Worksheets

Tracy

I just got my Miquon materials and am trying to figure out how to get started. I see that a lot of the worksheets are designed to one activity and then come back to it at a higher level. So at first I thought I would keep the worksheets in the book. But then I noticed that many of the worksheets are designed to place the c-rods on, and that would be easier taken out of the book. I am not sure how I am going to keep track of the worksheets if I take them out. How do you folks do it?

We got ours in PDF format, so I just printed them out and divided them by "letter." I printed out both Orange and Red, put all lettered ones in order together, and divided them with construction paper dividers.

Because they aren't necessarily meant to be done in the order they come in, I like being able to move around and this helps me easily see which paper comes next in that particular track. So I can easily see that C12 is next in the C track, but that B4 is next in the B track.

543859_10100737250935189_1979556516_n.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention that I also take that sheet out that has every page on a chart and have it hanging up. I color in every page as we complete it so I can easily see what we've done. When we are done with a page, I date it and put it in a folder with all the other completed work.

We do them more or less in order. For the first two books, I tore the sheets out, then just shoved back in the book cover in book order, fastened by a binder clip. The little booklets are kept folded and put with the rest of the papers for the book. (The few sheets we are saving are still in the book.) I make sure to circle what sheets we have done in the back of the book. Beginning with the Blue book, we hardly tear out any pages.

This is so simple that it sounds as though I am brain dead, but it works.

I just got my Miquon materials and am trying to figure out how to get started. I see that a lot of the worksheets are designed to one activity and then come back to it at a higher level. So at first I thought I would keep the worksheets in the book. But then I noticed that many of the worksheets are designed to place the c-rods on, and that would be easier taken out of the book. I am not sure how I am going to keep track of the worksheets if I take them out. How do you folks do it?

You have the Teacher's Lab Notations, yes? Well, there's a chart in there that shows what concepts are taught in each book. It's your choice: do each book in its entirety, or, if you have all the books, follow a concept through all the books until...well, until you feel satisfied. :-)

I always tear pages out of workbooks, so the child is working on a single piece of paper lying flat on the desk/table. I feel no compulsion to hang on to them after we finish, but if I did, I would staple together a week's worth of work and file them somewhere. If I needed them for an end-of-year portfolion, I'd three-hole-punch them and put them in a notebook.

I have Orange on PDF. (It was free one day on CurrClick.) I reuse sheets a ton with that one. With Red, I only have the workbook. I don't reuse sheets from that one if we've already torn them out & written on them. (But, if I splurged on the PDFs for the other workbooks, I certainly would reuse! But, I'd just print out a new one.)

I keep some of the worksheets filed, but mostly I toss them after about six months. We use Miquon as a supplement & I make (my own) almost as often as I use pages from the workbooks.