Menu

What color would you paint living room walls...

staceyobu

If you had dark brown leather couches and red accents?

What color is the trim, and are you painting the trim?

How much natural light does the room get?

I personally would really like to paint our living room/"dining" room/entry a soft tan (not brown). We have bright white trim. The painting will be a huge project and probably won't happen for a few years. The previous owners painted it a (very) pale pink(!), which I would never have chosen but it is really not bad. The room gets lots of natual light.

Hope you find just the right color! We are currently trying to choose paint for our stairway/upstairs hallway area. We have several paint cards stuck behind the hvac control thingy (can NOT think of the word I want!).

My walls are soft sandy colors (they're not a flat color). I have brown leather wing chairs and a marron leather sofa. Most of the wood is darker. Molding around base and windows is bright white. I have hardwood floors with no stain, just plain finish. I was amazed at how much the furniture "pops" against it.

What color is the trim, and are you painting the trim?

How much natural light does the room get?

There is white trim around the entrance and doorways. Unfortunately, there is no crown molding or anything. I would say medium amount of natural light. There is one wall of windows, but they are smaller 50s style windows.

Butterscotch

The color of black tea with a spalsh of milk.

Mmmm. I think both of those would be lovely.

But... Are you a color person or a neutral person? We have a red couch and chocolate accents. My living room is painted "pumpkin bread" (Behr). And I can sit on the couch in the orange living room and see the (slightly off in the direction of pea from grass) green foyer, brick red dining room and yellow kitchen. But I'm a color person and neutrals don't really appeal to me. (I imagine a neutrals person would feel like they would go blind in here, though)

I think that would narrow the choices a bit.