Menu

Which do you use: Homeschool Skedtrack or Homeschool Tracker Online?

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better Homeschool Skedtrack or Homeschool Tracker Online?

• Homeschool Skedtrack
    • Homeschool Tracker Online

If you have considered both, can you please tell me which one you decided to use and why?

I've narrowed my options down to these two as the best fit for me, but I'm torn b/t them. If I'm going to invest time learning a system I don't want to do it twice, so even though Skedtrack seems to be easier to me, if HST is going to be better in the long run, I'd rather learn it now.

I cannot use HST+ b/c we are all operating from macs and I want Dc to have access to a checklist on their iPods. TIA

Okay, you've both talked me into the free trial from Scholaric. Can either of you tell me, if you don't get to an assignment in a day (not that that ever happens to us :blushing:), is the assignment automatically shifted to the following day?

Yup, "other." I use the dedicated Mac program, Olly Homeschool. I ended up disliking both of the other programs as being too kludge and unnecessarily difficult. We had gone back to a paper notebook planner until Olly came along.

Well, there's one I haven't looked at. Thanks.

This thread from last summer seems to list quite a few annoyances with Olly. I wonder if they are still a problem?

You can check the forum at the Olly Website, too-- the developers are very responsive to suggestions and problems-- there are quite a few "thank-you!" messages from things being fixed there as updates were released. There is a 30-day free trial, too. I'm not having any major problems with it.

You can check the forum at the Olly Website, too-- the developers are very responsive to suggestions and problems-- there are quite a few "thank-you!" messages from things being fixed there as updates were released. There is a 30-day free trial, too. I'm not having any major problems with it.

Thanks. I'm going to play around with it this weekend. I'm swamped with trying Scholaric and Skedtrack. Olly is nice b/c it won't require wifi, so I'll be giving it serious consideration. I may have questions later.

I'm new with apple products and I don't quite understand how I can get Olly on my Dc's iPods and my laptop from a single download. Also wondering if it has capability to show up on my phone?

Thanks. I'm going to play around with it this weekend. I'm swamped with trying Scholaric and Skedtrack. Olly is nice b/c it won't require wifi, so I'll be giving it serious consideration. I may have questions later.

I'm new with apple products and I don't quite understand how I can get Olly on my Dc's iPods and my laptop from a single download. Also wondering if it has capability to show up on my phone?

The ipad/ipod version is still under development-- they have not yet announced a release date, but I understand from the admins that they are actively working on it.

The ipad/ipod version is still under development-- they have not yet announced a release date, but I understand from the admins that they are actively working on it.

I will probably wait until they are finished with that capability then, or at least this summer. Skedtrack is actually working pretty well currently. Although it's nice not to be tied to internet/wifi, I'm also wondering about plans taking up space on my laptop.