What's with the ads?

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone getting calls from 207.213.1904?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Parrothead

Parrothead

A Gypsie in the Palace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26093 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

It is someone from the Portland, ME area trying to get personnel info. Somehow he is bypassing the Do Not Call list regs.

When I looked the number up online there are several website to report the number.

#2 TranquilMind

TranquilMind

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5135 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

It is someone from the Portland, ME area trying to get personnel info. Somehow he is bypassing the Do Not Call list regs.

When I looked the number up online there are several website to report the number.

They all bypass the DNC list if they have ever had the slightest, most tenuous "relationship" with you. If you called them once back in 95 looking for information...yep, that's a "relationship". If you once banked a bank that was bought out by this new bank....they call it a "relationship".

I think all marketing should be opt-in, not opt-out.

#3 itsheresomewhere

itsheresomewhere

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2462 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Do what I do- when you answer the phone, say " FBI- internet and scam division. How May I direct your call? It made him stop .

#4 KKinMN

KKinMN

Another Overly Educated Atheist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Do what I do- when you answer the phone, say " FBI- internet and scam division. How May I direct your call? It made him stop .

I like this. We have our WiFi named "FBI Mobile Surveillance".

#5 Parrothead

Parrothead

A Gypsie in the Palace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26093 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

They all bypass the DNC list if they have ever had the slightest, most tenuous "relationship" with you. If you called them once back in 95 looking for information...yep, that's a "relationship". If you once banked a bank that was bought out by this new bank....they call it a "relationship".

I think all marketing should be opt-in, not opt-out.

Ah, okay.

But as far as I can determine it isn't a telemarketer. It is a scammer looking for personal or cc info.

The caller starts out wanting more info about a survey one supposedly took in the past then moves on to a job offer of some type.

I was just letting people not to give these people any info. And if they feel so inclined to report it there are resources available to help authorities catch the guy

What's with the ads?