Menu

Telling God's Story, Year 3, and a New Member of the Olive Branch Books team

Justin from WTM

We are delighted to announce that the manuscript of the third volume of Telling God’s Story–working title: God’s Upside-Down Kingdom–has arrived at the Olive Branch Books office. And it’s fantastic!

Now that Peter Enns has set the framework for the TGS curriculum, we have been gathering other writers to flesh out the vision of Telling God’s Story. Rachel Marie Stone, author of Year Three, is a writer, thinker, and mom of two. She’s just finished a book for InterVarsity Press about God and food (check it out here, and read more from Rachel here). Like Susan Wise Bauer, she writes for Books & Culture and a number of other journals and magazines. She’s done a wonderful job of walking students through the parables and promises of the Gospels, and we can’t wait for you to see God’s Upside-Down Kingdom.

We anticipate a 2013 release date for Year Three, and its accompanying Activity Book. Follow us on Facebook and on our blog for samples, author-interviews, and updates as the book-production process continues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does this work? I have 8, 5, and 1 year old. I'm looking to combine Bible for my older two each day. I see that there's an activity book, which is awesome. They love to color a corresponding page while I read the lesson. I'm thinking of starting with book 1. Is that how I should do it? Does books 2 and 3 get progressively more in depth for older kids? How does that part work? Just wondering where to start. Thanks!!

How does this work? I have 8, 5, and 1 year old. I'm looking to combine Bible for my older two each day. I see that there's an activity book, which is awesome. They love to color a corresponding page while I read the lesson. I'm thinking of starting with book 1. Is that how I should do it? Does books 2 and 3 get progressively more in depth for older kids? How does that part work? Just wondering where to start. Thanks!!

Hi ChristusG,

Welcome! Yes, that's how it works...books 2 and 3 get (slightly) more in depth and cover new topics, as the children get older. The activity books also get slightly more in-depth, especially the Memorization sections...but there's still a coloring page, etc, for each lesson.

If you're looking for additional guidance, there is also an overall "Parents' Guide" that talks about the whole series, discusses our approach to the Bible, and introduces the progression...like an "owner's manual" for the whole curriculum. if you haven't seen that book, it's at this site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi tld and fluffybunny,

Thanks for your interest! TGS 3 is our last tour through the Gospels. We are currently in the planning stages for TGS 4, which (in the current planning) will continue the story through the Book of Acts and several of the Letters (those by Paul and those by other writers).

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a release date for Year 3?

Hi cjthedog64, I'm sorry I just now saw your question!

We are currently planning on a Spring 2014 release date for TGS 3...we will continue to put production updates up on our Facebook and Twitter pages as we zero in on the exact date (www.facebook.com/olivebranchbks and www.twitter.com/olivebranchbks).

Justin

This is exactly what I was afraid of when I adopted this curriculum - we got year 2 in time, but year 3 will be a year too late to continue. Will future years be released on time (ie, one each year, every year, in time to use for the following year's curriculum), or should I just make other plans now? With two years between releases, you had to know this was going to upset a lot of your early adopters and devotees. Now what are we supposed to do?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi cjthedog64, I'm sorry I just now saw your question!

We are currently planning on a Spring 2014 release date for TGS 3...we will continue to put production updates up on our Facebook and Twitter pages as we zero in on the exact date (www.facebook.com/olivebranchbks and www.twitter.com/olivebranchbks).

Justin

What is the release date looking like for Year 3 at this point? I'm starting to plan for next school year and I need to know if this will be out by the time we begin at the start of July.