Menu

A question for Dr. Hive....

Unicorn.

Dd has been running a very low grade fever for at least 3 weeks. Like 99.1-99.6 (highest). No other symptoms. No stuffy nose, runny nose, no coughing or sneezing, no sore throat or tummy trouble. Nothing. Nada. She promises me she has been drinking water (I kept thinking it was dehydration). She doesn't feel bad- she was kind of tired when it first started, but only for a day or two. Now, she's fine except the low fever. She even went camping/fishing w/ her dad this week, temp highs were in the 40's, lows in the 30's, and it rained a lot. She didn't get any worse.

Thoughts? Should I be more vigilant about making sure she is getting enough to drink? She has been taking vit. C and zinc for the last week, just in case.

99.1-99.6 isn't technically considered a fever. She may be fighting something off, or she may just be running a bit hot. Being sure to drink enough is always a good thing, but I wouldn't worry about it other than that.

Normally I don't worry about it either, other than to push more liquids and throw some c and zinc their way. I just thought it was wierd that it has been like that so long. I guess I'll just go back to not worrying about it! :001_smile:

I would go see the doc since it is going on 3 weeks now. Sometimes those very low grade fevers are indicative of something going on. My son had a low grade fever like that for a month, and well it was not at all what I was expecting. Hopefully it is nothing, and your dd is just fighting off all of the germs out there right now, but I would want to know for sure.