Menu

Do people "like" then "unlike" your posts?

unsinkable

<ahem> erm...uh...I mean...I think I've done this a couple of times and every time it's been entirely accidental. This baby nursing, one handed, iPad using momma just isn't that coordinated. So, if I've done this to you I do apologise. Has absolutely nothing to do with whether I like/dislike any post.

So, yeah, sorry...<heads back to Luddite cave>...

Not on purpose. The mobile version messes me up (click the checkmark). Then it's easy to unclick it. I try to only click on posts I like, if I unclick it's an ESO (equipment superior to operator - dh used to use that when he worked in a cell phone store. People would bring in their phones and he'd fix them. If it was something simple, instead of embarrassing the customer he'd tell them it was simply their ESO)

I did unlike it because I think it would have appeared weird to the OP. You can't press like for a post that is sad, right?

I've 'liked' sad posts.

I see it as a support tag, not as liking bad news.

I've also removed a like tag after re-reading and realising that I might 'like' one of the comments but may not like to give my support to the full post. I've only done that once or twice, I don't remember to whom I did that. I did wonder what happens to the notifications.

If you click in the upper right hand corner - between the "envelope" and your ID name... you will see a "person" button. (If you are reading this forum on a regular screen... not a mobile device.)

Once you click on it, it tells you exactly WHO liked your post. I discovered who "unliked" me as I clicked on the link to the thread... and lo and behold... their "like" was gone. Mystery solved! ;)

You can also click on your name in that same upper right hand corner of the screen and select your profile -- then look up who liked you and what posts you liked. HTH

I joined the "accidental likers" club last night while posting from my iPod. Right after reading this thread. :tongue_smilie: So of course, I felt that I couldn't possibly unlike that post. Although the poster probably went "huh" about my liking it (it wasn't a sad post, but liking it really didn't make any sense). Oh well.