What's with the ads?

#1 Alice

Alice

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

We have a gift card for GWL and are hoping to use it at one that is not in Williamsburg, VA (we live in VA and have been to that one so we want to go somewhere new). We’d really like to go to the one in the Poconos or the one in Toronto. Dh wrote them both inquiring to see if they have homeschool weeks or discounts like the one in VA. He got a kind of terse response saying that “your homeschool group will let you know”. :)

So...does anyone know if the GWL in PA or in Toronto does homeschool weeks. And even better, can you share the codes if you know them?

#2 AmyontheFarm

AmyontheFarm

CEO (Chief Education Officer) of HOPE Academy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2300 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm interested in this also. We live 3 hours from Toronto. I'm betting that the local groups there would have to write and formally request it. I posted on FB to my homeschool friends to see if anyone knew of anything, but I'm most likely too far way for any feed back.

#3 Alice

Alice

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thanks Amy! Let me know if you find anything!

#4 melissad2

melissad2

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

:bigear:

#5 momofkhm

momofkhm

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Well I can tell you the one in Charlotte. :-) If Williamsburg is "home", then Charlotte is "whome". I bet I have that backwards. "whome" would make more sense in Williamsburg wouldn't it? :laugh:

Oh, something I didn't know until I went to GWL in Charlotte, it's at the same exit as the racetrack. The number of hotels there is stagering! I asked at a breakfast place once and they said every single room is full for race weekends. I would say try your best not to go if they are racing.

ETA: On a lark I just tried "home" at the Poconos and got a message: "Homeschooler Program"

I had tried a different random date and got this message:

Best Available Homeschoolers Rate - The discounted Homeschooler rate is no longer available on this date. Please select a different date to receive the discounted rate or book the best available rate for this date. Limit 2 rooms per guest. Limited number of rooms available for each date. May not be valid during holiday and blackout periods. Multiple night minimum stay may apply.”

So "home" works for the Poconos and Cincinnati and Grand Mound, WA and Grapevine, TX. Either it doesn't work at the rest or the computer got wise to me. :-)

#6 gingersmom

gingersmom

Coupon Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5673 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

The only time I have seen a homeschool code for th poconos location is around September/October.

#7 Carrie12345

Carrie12345

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7467 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I live "down the road" from the Pocono GWL. I get the homeschool days postcard in the mail and do not belong to any official "homeschool group" that would be any sort of gatekeeper to local attraction discounts, lol.

I haven't seen one come through with this years dates yet.

#8 Alice

Alice

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the replies!

#9 zimom

zimom

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Just got an email for Charlotte. The code is SHOME. for most Sundays through Thursdays in January through Febuary 7th.

What's with the ads?