Menu

FLU CDC Map

StartingOver

Local newspaper. A journalist interviewed a local family doc about it and he said his info is from the CDC. However, I can't verify if the doctor got that information from the CDC or not.

The temperature and humidity level are though to have an effect on transmission only, not incubation (we're all warm and humid inside).

The researchers kept samples either at room temperature or in a chilly environment more typical of a kitchen refrigerator. Relative humidity also varied from a low of between 15 and 46 percent to highs exceeding 90 percent. These conditions “are not unheard of in our part of the country,†explains study coauthor Joseph Wood of the Environmental Protection Agency in Research Triangle Park, N.C.

Virus particles didn’t remain infectious for more than about a day at room temperature and high humidity, Wood’s team reports in a paper posted online September 3 in Environmental Science & Technology. When the researchers dropped the temperature and humidity, things changed abruptly. The virus remained infectious through day four on feces, and through the end of the study—13 days—on glass, metal and soil. In fact, the environmental engineer notes, except on feces, “There was hardly any loss of the virus. It’s a bit disconcerting.â€

http://www.usnews.co...lu-transmission

So if our house is low humidity (best for allergies) we're more likely to keep passing viruses? That's icky news. Do you think cold and low humidity both are important?

I don't know about all viruses. I think that research was specific to the flu virus.

No flu here, but we've all caught 2 colds on top of each other and it just seems like it won't quit. It's making the rounds in the area. All I want right now is to stop coughing. I can't take much more of it, and I've got a very heavy work week ahead of me.