Menu

Hulu vs Hulu plus

kfeusse

Hulu is the free content that is only on the computer.

Hulu Plus is all the free content plus extra content. It also allows you to see all the content that is allowed to be shown on other devices, including something like a Roku so you can watch on your TV. Some of the content can only be seen on the computer because of the license agreements. You can, of course, still watch it on the computer.

Right. The vast majority of the content can be seen on devices (including the TV) but there are exceptions - most of them are cable shows such as the ones from ABC Family and USA. But there are some you can see on the TV - we watch Daily Show on the TV. It was worth it for us - we don't have cable and having a backup to the antenna is useful, plus things like Daily Show make it worth it.

I haven't used Hulu in at least a year so I might be out of date, but with Hulu plus don't shows stay available longer?

We only have laptops and were streaming Hulu with no problem, but I remember that some episodes would expire. So, we were watching Modern Family for a little while, but if we got behind and didn't watch it for weeks, Hulu would only give us access to the most current episode and the past two weeks. Is that still the case?

ok...just to clarify...if I can watch, let's say, Greys Anatomy (this season)on the regular Hulu....I should also be able to watch the same thing using Hulu plus and be able to watch it on my TV, right??

Just in case your question wasn't answered, I have Hulu Plus and I watch Grey's Anatomy each week through my Roku on my tv. Each episode is added the day after it airs on ABC.

I guess what i am trying to decide is if getting Hulu plus is really worth the money...I would rather watch my favorite shows on the TV rather than the computer. And certain shows that I enjoy watching are on the regular free Hulu. And what I am trying to figure out is if those same favorite shows will also be on Hulu Plus....or are there some shows that are JUST available with the free hulu....and not the Hulu plus.

If you can watch the shows on free Hulu, then you can watch it on Hulu plus, not necessarily on your tv. For the shows offered on Plus, only some are available to stream to tv. There are also 3-4 ads per episode of a show, even on plus. Also, when we had it, we had issues with it stopping and searching for connection in the middle of a show or even getting staticcy. We don't have this issue streaming Netflix.

we are toying with dropping our cable and just using Netflix and Hulu plus....but I am trying to decide if we will happy with it or not. Has anybody tried to ever watch shows that aren't on either one of these on YoU tube? I know you can find some things there too...

I guess what i am trying to decide is if getting Hulu plus is really worth the money...I would rather watch my favorite shows on the TV rather than the computer. And certain shows that I enjoy watching are on the regular free Hulu. And what I am trying to figure out is if those same favorite shows will also be on Hulu Plus....or are there some shows that are JUST available with the free hulu....and not the Hulu plus.

There is a one week free trial. Why not try that and then decide?

Elise in NC

I was curious about what all that was said here....so I went to hulu plus and found the tv show Hart of Dixie. According to what I saw, Hulu plus will show the first season. So then I went to regular Hulu and found the recent episodes and saw they only have the most recent 5 episodes that can be viewed on the regular Hulu...but it said to watch all of the episodes you can go to Hulu Plus. So I am confused....if I can do that, then why wasn't season 2 listed on the page where I first looked?? Did that question make sense??