Menu

Netflix Streaming: How many devices at once?

elegantlion

We got a Roku box as a surprise gift this year. We also got Netflix again as a gift. So dh is sick and has parked himself in the Delta Quadrant all day with Star Trek Voyager.

I keep finding conflicting information on google and the actual Netflix site is not helpful. How many devices can I stream at once? One or two? The account has streaming only. I wouldn't mind watching a movie, but not if it's going to kick him off.

What has been your experience?

we can do 3 here. it won't bump existing people off it just won't allow new people on until they stop streaming a show

we can do 3 here. it wom

nt bump existing people off it just wont allow new people on until they stop streaming a show

Guest inoubliable

We can do three here. No one gets bumped and there is no buffering. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with your ISP, though. We have Comcrap. For all its flaws, it works fantastically with Netflix in this area.

With the streaming only option, we can watch on two devices at the same time. If you start adding in DVDs along with streaming, you get access to more devices that are able to be used at one time I believe.

Ok, after some arguing with the Netflix site I came across this in their FAQs...

"Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one personal computer or Netflix-ready device. If you are on the Unlimited Streaming plan, the Unlimited Streaming + 1 DVD out-at-a-time plan or a limited streaming plan, you may watch only one device at a time. (Incorrect as I can watch on two with my streaming only plan.)

If you are on the Unlimited Streaming + 2 DVDs out-at-a-time plan, you may watch on up to two devices at a time.

Members on the Unlimited Streaming + 3 DVDs out-at-a-time plan may watch on up to three devices at a time.

The maximum is four devices at a time -- available for members on the Unlimited Streaming + 4-or greater DVDs out-at-a-time plan."

With the streaming only option, we can watch on two devices at the same time. If you start adding in DVDs along with streaming, you get access to more devices that are able to be used at one time I believe.

Ok, after some arguing with the Netflix site I came across this in their FAQs...

"Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one personal computer or Netflix-ready device. If you are on the Unlimited Streaming plan, the Unlimited Streaming + 1 DVD out-at-a-time plan or a limited streaming plan, you may watch only one device at a time. (Incorrect as I can watch on two with my streaming only plan.)

If you are on the Unlimited Streaming + 2 DVDs out-at-a-time plan, you may watch on up to two devices at a time.

Members on the Unlimited Streaming + 3 DVDs out-at-a-time plan may watch on up to three devices at a time.

The maximum is four devices at a time -- available for members on the Unlimited Streaming + 4-or greater DVDs out-at-a-time plan."

Bwahahah Oh Netflix. They must be using the "tell them they can't and hope they don't try" method of enforcement. I have Unlimited streaming too.

I actually called and asked this when my dh got his laptop. The girl told me that while there are posted limits, that really you can have as many as your internet connection can handle. In other words, there really is no limit as far as their end is concerned. We can do 3 at a time here with no problem and only streaming. Haven't actually tried any more than that.

We have been on streaming only for over a year. Once in a while we get the 'too many' messages when we try to add a third person, but other times we can stream three. Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems to vary. doesnt make sense but thats what we seem to notice.