Menu

Biblioplan users...

KIN

Do you use Biblioplan like it is written - sometimes doing 3 chapters of SOTW a week and using other spines? I'll admit that I tend to use it just to schedule SOTW and for the book lists. But, I'm thinking I should just start using it like it is scheduled and adding a spine or two to get the full benefit of Biblioplan. Do you do the mapping and timelines? I use the activity guide for mapping and don't use timelines. How do you use it?

I am glad that you posted this. I am not using Biblioplan this year, but I am considering it for when we start studying ancients in a year or two. I recently found out that Biblioplan is going to add MOH to their schedule and I think it might help me with keeping on track. I am curious to know what others think of Biblioplan.

Jan

I looked and looked for the "perfect" curriculum for history and Biblioplan fits the bill for us! We use about 95% of what Biblioplan suggests with my DD, who is 1st grade age. As suggested for 1st garde, the spines we use are just SOTW and UILE. Nothing more, although I wish I had a good Bible atlas. We follow the daily suggestions, and I add in SOTW-AG pages for coloring, maps, etc. If I can't find the suggested books from Biblioplan, I go to SOTW-AG book suggestions (often the two overlap) and see what I can find. Per WTM suggestions, we do not do timelines and I do not ask DD to do any sort of creative writing at this point.

I HTH!

I am using this with my 1st grade dd, and we are using the downloadable Biblioplan ancient history timeline. She loves it, and it has been so easy to use! She particularly likes to show dad new events on the timeline. I would say we only spend 30 minutes or so once/week updating the timeline. We are hit or miss with the mapping activities; it is something I am trying to be more diligent about. We do follow the reading as suggested.

We are doing Biblioplan the second time around. The first time, I didn't do the timeline because they weren't old enough to get anything out of it. This year, we began our second rotation (with the more advanced books this time), and we added in the timeline. The children really like this. For mapping, we went by the SOTW activity guide last time. I am doing that again, but honestly, it's a little too easy. I have the blackline maps book by the same author, so I'm planning to supplement with that but haven't done much with it yet.

We really like Biblioplan. I don't necessarily do it three times a week. We plug away where we have time, and a "week" takes as long as it takes. ; ) Sometimes we skip some here and there to catch up.

Oh, BTW, I don't do the writing prompts. We are doing CW instead. That's the only part I really skip.