Menu

So how many will be making Quiver's cinnamon rolls tomorrow?

mazakaal

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you making Quiver's cinnamon rolls?

• Of course! It wouldn't be Christmas without Quiver's cinnamon rolls.
    • I usually do, but not this year.
    • No, I wouldn't dream of making anything so unhealthy.
    • What? Cinnamon rolls? What are you talking about?
    • And the ever present "other."

Anybody make these in a bread maker?

Not exactly. I use my Bosch, and so the dough only has to rise once. I do it the night before and let them rise in the fridge. In the morning, I put the baking dish in the oven and then turn it on (so the cold baking dish doesn't go into a hot oven). I make the icing while they're cooking. Easy peasy.

Perfect again!

I made them last night-- 5 minutes to mix and an hour to rise (I cheated and heated my oven for a minute then put the dough bowl in there for the 1st rise.

Rolled out, filled, rolled and cut (another 5 minutes) then stuck my jellly roll pan in fridge for the night.

My puppy woke me up at 6am (his usual time)-- I let him out then set the rolls out on the counter to finish rising.

At 8am I started the bacon-wraped Little Smokies (40 minutes) took them out to drain then put the rolls in the oven. I made the icing (with milk instead of whipping cream) and plated the bacon... the rolls were out of the oven just as our older girls arrived at 9am!

No stress at all-- and really no mess...this dough is so easy to work with-- after the first rising you just plop it on a lightly floured surface and it rolls out with very little effort (I do not knead at this step-- just roll out)... Final product is so tender because you don't handle the dough!

Thanks again Quiver!

I've made these since Quiver first posted them... well one year I used canned-- and the girls had a FIT!

Will you run me off this board if I admit that I have Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the tube?

I have Rhodes cinnamon rolls this year. Frozen.

I did Quiver's one year though and they were enjoyed. It's a really good recipe, but my family like the processed ones just as well.

I've made a very similar recipe (Clone of a Cinnabon from AllRecipes.com) for years. I make them in the bread machine (because yeast is not my friend but we do OK when we use a mediator :lol:). They are ridiculously easy and over-the-top decadently delicious. The kids all request them on their birthdays as well. I always make them the night before to bake first thing. Couldn't be simpler. :)

If I couldn't get cream cheese, I would use mascarpone.