Menu

So how many will be making Quiver's cinnamon rolls tomorrow?

mazakaal

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you making Quiver's cinnamon rolls?

• Of course! It wouldn't be Christmas without Quiver's cinnamon rolls.
    • I usually do, but not this year.
    • No, I wouldn't dream of making anything so unhealthy.
    • What? Cinnamon rolls? What are you talking about?
    • And the ever present "other."

*Foot tapping, lips pursed*

You can't taunt us like this! We need the recipe!

I echo this! I plan to assemble my cinnamon rolls tomorrow, but I'm not set on a recipe yet. I usually make Pioneer Woman's, but they don't rise very much for me, so I was thinking about doing something different. I'd love to see the recipe!

I always used to use my own recipe. They are so amazing that I don't think dh would go for me experimenting with a different one. This year one of my kids had to go gluten free. We're having cured salmon and creme brûlée. I'm actually starting to feel excited about it. I'm disappointed about no cinnamon rolls but creme brûlée is a pretty nice consolation prize and it's actually even more make ahead than the rolls.

I have a recipe I have made since before the kids were born....a Cinnabon knock off that's out of this world. Been making them since I got married.....and now I make them gluten free :-)

So yes, we will have cinnamon rolls. But my recipe and now gluten free !

I'd love a recipe for the gluten-free version.

No need for bread maker with Quiver's rolls... it is almost a batter-- no 'kneading' required.

I stir it together with a wooden spoon... after the rise I dump out on a lightly floured counter and it easily rolls out to a nice rectangle-- I never have to 'fight' the dough like I did with other recipes...

This year I'm serving them with bacon wrapped sausages I made these for an appetizer this weekend at a big family gathering and they were gone almost immediately-- DH and my girls made me promise to make them again on Christmas morning.

Technical question: what would you use in place of cream cheese if you couldn't get it?

Here's a really crazy idea. When we moved to the UK, an American friend told me that the shops don't sell sour cream, but she made sour cream by mixing cream cheese with a bit of milk to get it the right consistency. I've never tried to substitute the opposite way, but you could give it a try. Use sour cream instead of cream cheese and use a little less whipping cream.

Or you could use the icing recipe that I found at allrecipes.com. For some reason I can't get a link added into this post. Go to allrecipes.com and search for 'overnight cinnamon rolls.' They make their glaze with light corn syrup, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar, and half and half.

Um, I am now!! Anybody know how many rolls it makes? I'm assuming at least 10? ;)

I think it makes around 15-18 if I remember correctly.

eta: I just finished making them. It made 15 for me.

Will you run me off this board if I admit that I have Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the tube?

No way. Have you seen my post in the Christmas menu thread? I'm all for easy cheats on Christmas day.

I will warn you, though. If you ever do try Quiver's recipe, your family will never let you go back to Pillsbury.

Anybody make these in a bread maker?

Agreeing with Jann that you don't need to use a breadmaker. They really are very easy.

Here's a really crazy idea. When we moved to the UK, an American friend told me that the shops don't sell sour cream, but she made sour cream by mixing cream cheese with a bit of milk to get it the right consistency. I've never tried to substitute the opposite way, but you could give it a try. Use sour cream instead of cream cheese and use a little less whipping cream.

Or you could use the icing recipe that I found at allrecipes.com. For some reason I can't get a link added into this post. Go to allrecipes.com and search for 'overnight cinnamon rolls.' They make their glaze with light corn syrup, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar, and half and half.

Thank you so much for the ideas, but we don't have sour cream, light corn syrup, half and half, or vanilla extract here. I think I'll pass this year (though they look delicious) and contemplate solutions for next year. Sigh....

Delicious! These are my new favorite go-to cinnamon roll. The dough is light and fluffy, and they rose beautifully. I didn't follow the directions for frosting- I simply made my standard buttercream and smeared that all over the top.

From one batch I got 15 good sized rolls- I filled a 9x13 pan.

Oh, and rising time took 1 1/2 hours per rise.

These were just SO easy to put together, thank you so much for sharing them!

I have never made these before. How long does each "rising" session take? Do they need to be made the day before or can I make them when we get up in the morning?

I let mine rise for hours in the fridge. I think rising time on the counter would depend on room temperature. I guessing an hour or two.

Other. I don't want to be stuck in the kitchen and longer than I have to on Christmas morning. I'm making the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls from a can. ;)

I went ever-so-slightly more fancy and used Trader Joe's cinnamon rolls from a can. ;)

But Quiver's recipe looks so doable, I may just give it a try next year....?