Menu

Other crazy neighbor at it again

amo_mea_filiis.

I'm squished between two "wonderful" people. Ok, one is just strange, the other is a €£*%#<~|\}#^<~~##<!

It is after 10am, not early at all. But i guess if you stay up all hours to belittle your wife, 10:30 is early.

Kids are in the yard sledding for a few (ds is sick so they will not be out long).

I go out to physically check them (i can hear and see through window). Psycho neighbor comes out and yells over;

Him- keep the f'ing noise down, some people are trying to sleep.

Me- its after 10am.

Him- I'm not going to listen to this all f'ing morning.

Me- thats nice.

Him- I'm gonna get the f'ing cops up here.

Me- go for it.

Him- youre a f'ing b****.

Me- same to you.

Him- f you.

Me- you too.

So while i was posting, i got the knock. I cant believe how often he makes the police come up! Police talked to us, watched the kids sled (in a pool!) and said it looked like fun, and left. Lol.

I do despise the "try to keep the peace" lecture from the police. One can't keep the peace with this guy. If my kids make noise at 10am or noon, this guy has a "right" to be obnoxious at ANY TIME (as he screams). And no one could ever possibly understand all he's gone through. Cause, ya know, beating your family is such hard work. I've heard quite a bit come out of his mouth at all hours, including the 2am fight he started because his wife is such a stupid c-word because he had no clean underwear for the next day.

Police tell me to call them when he goes off, but why am i going to waste everyone's time like that?!

Police and children and youth visit his house frequently, (and i do call when he sounds more agitated than "normal") which i assume made his mood worse today. Children and youth's frequency of visits has increased in the last few weeks.

I'm never sure what the right thing is to do w/ppl like that, so I end up completely ignoring them.

I'm always worried that if I aggravate them, they'll take it out on the wife/kids.

This is why I'm not on the phone to the police complaining about noise every single time it happens. I feel so bad for the 3 people and dog that live with him.

I feel for you, I have several retired neighbors, who are lovely people, but have no sympathy with us having teens and not always having a perfect lawn, or many friends over, or whatever. One neighbor has called the police several times because my son's drum practice was bothering them. The police said the decibels were with in the required limit, but that didn't stop them from calling over and over again. After I told them ds would only practice between 3 and 5 pm and if they were ever sick or just couldn't listen to it to call me and I wouldn't let him practice. Agghhh. Even nice people can be a pain to live next to. Sometimes I think people were not meant to live next to each other, lol.

Amo, you are absolutely right. Your neighbour has to understand that your children do have the right to play outside in their backyard. You don't have to walk on egg shells just because you are allowing your kids to play outside mid-morning and during their holidays! In fact the police should have cautioned him on his disrespectful behaviour and on his verbal abuse.

I would have told him to stop abusing and that no one is preventing him from his sleep. If he can hear cars & trucks going by then he should understand they are children, it's their holiday, it's their home and they have the right to play. It's not like you have a have huge music band out there.

Perhaps, a visit to the doctor and get sleeping pills may help him.

Please start calling and reporting him even if it seems silly. It starts a paper trail. You never know who might be helped that his aggression toward others was documented. But otherwise, neighbors are a pain. When ours kept us up to the wee hours with their drunk fest and 200+ people party, every neighbor was up at like 6:00am doing the loudest yard work possible. One even made sure he had lots and lots of loud yard work to do very close to their bedroom window and near the kids bedroom windows. They made sure they would be up hangover and all. Keep the neighborhood up all hours and you won't get any sleep here!!!!

I'm very sorry this had to happen.

I'm surprised the police came and gave you that talk. Most communities allow certain levels of noise within reasonable time limits. I know because the landscapers the neighbors use come before 8 but wait for 8 on the dot to start the equipment. Parties with djs and loud speakers are allowed to go until a reasonable time of like 11 pm. Kids playing outside is a reasonable activity. Even around here you can't complain about drum practice.

I'm squished between two "wonderful" people. Ok, one is just strange, the other is a €£*%#<~|\}#^<~~##<!

It is after 10am, not early at all. But i guess if you stay up all hours to belittle your wife, 10:30 is early.

Kids are in the yard sledding for a few (ds is sick so they will not be out long).

I go out to physically check them (i can hear and see through window). Psycho neighbor comes out and yells over;

Him- keep the f'ing noise down, some people are trying to sleep.

Me- its after 10am.

Him- I'm not going to listen to this all f'ing morning.

Me- thats nice.

Him- I'm gonna get the f'ing cops up here.

Me- go for it.

Him- youre a f'ing b****.

Me- same to you.

Him- f you.

Me- you too.

So while i was posting, i got the knock. I cant believe how often he makes the police come up! Police talked to us, watched the kids sled (in a pool!) and said it looked like fun, and left. Lol.

I do despise the "try to keep the peace" lecture from the police. One can't keep the peace with this guy. If my kids make noise at 10am or noon, this guy has a "right" to be obnoxious at ANY TIME (as he screams). And no one could ever possibly understand all he's gone through. Cause, ya know, beating your family is such hard work. I've heard quite a bit come out of his mouth at all hours, including the 2am fight he started because his wife is such a stupid c-word because he had no clean underwear for the next day.

Police tell me to call them when he goes off, but why am i going to waste everyone's time like that?!

Police and children and youth visit his house frequently, (and i do call when he sounds more agitated than "normal") which i assume made his mood worse today. Children and youth's frequency of visits has increased in the last few weeks.

Wow, what a jerk. Not to mention that he has NO case, as virtually every jurisdiction restricts the no-noise hours to after 11 p.m. and before 6 or 7 a.m., depending.

That said, try to make peace with him, only because a horrible neighbor can make your life hell. I had that house once, sandwiched between an unbelievable THREE bad neighbors. One made constant late noise and had the barking dog from you-know-where that woke us every hour through the night, the other brought his dog physically over to the center of our backyard to leave his waste and then back home, and the guy behind burst a gasket one time because I had the grass behind the garage reseeded.

He was banging on my door loudly right after the yard guy left. Conversation went something like this:

Him: Hey, your guy left a muddy mess behind the garage.

Me: He reseeded the area. The grass is sparse because it is low and gets wet, and because your kids play basketball there all the time, smashing the grass and leaving dings on my (aluminum sided)garage.

Him: Well, I don't WANT a muddy mess! You have to do something!

Me: The grass seed was placed today. It doesn't grow instantaneously. It will require a few days to grow (mentally shaking my head at his ridiculousness).

Him: Mumble mumble

Me: Have a nice day! (shuts door)

We've been here just over 2 years. This was not the first time he called the police and I'm sure it's not the last. My going back at him was the best yet. It was less engaging than cursing back so he didn't escalate, but engaging enough to tell him that I'm not going to sit here and take his crap. My ds got a kick out of it.

This guy is all talk with other people. One day he was going off on my kids and walking towards the house, so i hopped off the wall (property is raised off street level) and started walking towards him. He got louder, but backed off. I doubt anyone stands up to him, but more people should.

He used to freak over my ds playing with a bouncy ball against a wall on our property. You know those $2-$5 alls at walmart? Yeah, he freaked over that. I limited ds to those balls so if it goes over the fence, hits neighbor's house (happened ONE time on a windy day), it doesn't damage anything. Because of this jerk, i stopped buying ds those balls. I just might get a big stock of them right before we move.

We don't have any noise time laws. Anyone can expect reasonable quiet at any time of the day. When neighbor bought new outdoor speakers and pointed them at my house at 4-5pm, i was able to get the police up here. Had he been playing good music, i would have left him alone. Lol. He was drunk so watching the police interaction was great.

Usually the police are on our side. Most of them know him, and some have even said they're waiting for the chance to arrest him. Yesterday's officer must not have kids. He's the only one that ever even talks to us. Everyone else goes right to the neighbor and tells him to stop cursing at my kids.

When the police are called on them for domestic disturbance, yesterday's officer is the only one i hate to see respond. Nothing comes of it and he actually tells neighbor's wife to lower the screaming!

Anyone can expect reasonable quiet at any time of the day. When neighbor bought new outdoor speakers and pointed them at my house at 4-5pm, i was able to get the police up here.

Well, that right there may be part of the problem. I've honestly never called the cops on any neighbor, no matter how obnoxious, and wouldn't for something temporary like that.

I figure that at some point, something I do may be annoying to them, and it may be thoughtless of me or it may just be an accident (like when animals got into our trash once and spread it all over the neighbor's yard--yikes, that was embarrassing!--we cleaned it up as soon as we saw it. The opposite happened another year, and the neighbors couldn't tell because of the set of their front door what had happened, so we just cleaned that up, too--well, at least WE didn't have condoms, it all I can say, just regular sorts of garbage!!!). And I have kids, and kids sometimes do stuff. (I made one of the neighbor's kids pick up broken pieces of a toilet I had for special pickup on the curb after he went after it with a bat! Boy, that kid wasn't happy with me, but there is NO WAY he's admitting to his parents what he pulled, LOL, cuz he knows better than to look for sympathy there.)

I don't call for short annoyances, or even many long annoyances, but he's known to have days long parties. If not me, someone will call.

He does fireworks between midnight and 3am.

He has to monitor his boys when they play outside. The boys are both in high school and one drives! He sits on his porch, drunk, and criticizes every throw and catch the boys make. The daughter moved out the day she graduated and does not visit.

He's outside drunk nightly and does this loud, extremely annoying "woo hoo" crap for hours!

He has pool parties that start at 10pm.

After the pool is used, he stands over his wife and boys and tells them how stupid they are because they struggle with the pool cover. This happens every.single.night when the pool is used.

His Rottweiler barks constantly and is not tied up and will leave the property. The dog leaps at passing cars and since the properties are not street level, the dog is higher than most cars.

He screams at everyone in his house at all hours.

His wife must not be allowed a house key, because she has to bang on the door and yell at 6 every morning until someone lets her in. Then he yells at her.

He dumps regular trash waste over the guardrail instead of having trash pick up.

He is apparently not capable of washing his underwear, grocery shopping, unloading groceries, walking to the store for his beer or cigarettes, cleaning, driving, showering, yard work, home repair, speaking nicely, or caring about anyone in his life.

I have absolutely no problem calling the police when he blasts bad music pointed at my house.

I grew up with band practice in my basements. My father used to buy me great speakers, and he even made his own. I'm used to loud music. I do not mind it at all. I like it loud. But this guy is such a jerk and believes that everything he does is his right to do, and thinks he's some kind of gift to this world. I will not listen to his music.

To the OP, we have neighbors who mow the lawn. Well, have a group of landscapers mowing their yard at 8am. I always figure anytime after 9:30am or so is fair game though I think the local ordinances say 8am.

My neighbor doesn't call the police but she has made comments on fb about us (and she was "friends" with my DH, LOL) One day before DS got his license, DH and DS were working on the car we gave DS (an old car that had been sitting for awhile). DH was showing DS how to check this and that, change a tire, and how everything works then he let DS drive the car slowly up one driveway across the grass to the other driveway and back in large circles.

Neighbor posted something on fb to the effect of "Doing donuts in the yard...not cool. Parents must not be home." then she responded back to people who commented about how awful some neighbors who had moved away were and how my boys were becoming like that and how awful it was that DS was messing up our lovely grass. DH could not help but comment that "Yes, I was home and he was not 'doing donuts.'" There was not a mark on the grass, btw. DH then 'unfriended' her so we wouldn't know what she was posting anymore.

He was drunk so watching the police interaction was great...,,He's outside drunk nightly

This is the main issue - his drunkenness. Alcohol will definitely make him fly in a fit of rage and abuse. It's good to know that the police are on your side and they are aware about his drinking problems & antisocial habits.

I let the kids go out at 8 this morning, but no sleds. If i heard a peep from them, they would have come in.

They had to wait until NOON to use the sleds. 12:15 they go on the sleds. 12:20 neighbor comes out and tells them to knock it off! They were NOT yelling or being loud, just sledding.

This of course set off my over reactive ds who is now in a bad mood. Bad mood doesn't quite cover it.

Both kids are hiding out in their rooms now and neighbor "wins" this round.

WTM party at my house! All kids welcome. We'll order a few hundred bouncy balls, have a snowball fight (or water guns depending on when you all make it over here). We'll be nice and loud within legal limits.

As soon as it's warm, I'm going to get the yard work done first thing in the morning. No noise ordinance? I'm thinking 7:30. On Saturdays.