Menu

The man selling meat from the back of a truck is in my neighborhood.

lynn

The meat truck guy stopped by our house a couple weeks ago too. This guy had a definite truck upgrade from the one who stopped by last time (old pickup with a freezer-type compartment somehow attached in the bed). This new guy had a truck with an actual company name on it. I wondered if the company name was actually real.

DH answered the door this time and politely told him we'd already bought a side of beef for the year.

Erica in OR

The meat truck man is scarier than the Mayan Apocalypse, imo.

They did (almost) stop at my house as they were driving by & I was walking down the driveway. While the truck was still rolling, the passenger guy hopped out to give me the spiel. My response, "I'm vegetarian." (Which is true.) I don't think the truck had even fully stopped before the dude was back in the truck & they were speeding away.

The meat truck is a very old topic of conversation on these boards. I don't know which year we first had reports of this but every once in a while, somebody has a first visit. I know I had my first one either this year or last and reported it on here too. Mine was so silly- I live on a small street that goes nowhere in one city on the south east side. This guy claimed he had a cancellation in another city which is about 25 minutes drive from me passing through almost the entire width of my city and so he ends up on my tiny street- no, I don't think so.

The meat truck is a very old topic of conversation on these boards. I don't know which year we first had reports of this but every once in a while, somebody has a first visit. I know I had my first one either this year or last and reported it on here too. Mine was so silly- I live on a small street that goes nowhere in one city on the south east side. This guy claimed he had a cancellation in another city which is about 25 minutes drive from me passing through almost the entire width of my city and so he ends up on my tiny street- no, I don't think so.

So it's just a guy that is selling meat out of the back of a pickup truck? That seems like questionable behavior. Is he a farmer or something?

The meat truck doesn't bother me soooo much (though I don't see the appeal, since when the guy told me the prices, they really weren't great).

Where I live, there is a lot of seafood. You will frequently find guys selling seafood off the back of their pickups - in the summer.