Menu

The WTM bar - come have a virtual drink here and let your hair down!

Sun

You know what this new board has been missing? A virtual bar where we can hang out, have fun, and vent about the stress of our holiday lives.

Come in here, take a load off, and let us all laugh with you at the crazy that's in your life right now. Don't have any crazy in your life? Come in here and give the rest of us sympathy and virtual hugs and stiff drinks, as needed!

I'll start with a virtual lemon drop. After all, "'Tis the season to have your life choices mocked at the dinner table."

rum and diet pepsi please

*takes lime off the edge and takes a long sip*

So, all those big projects I decided to not stress over because "we're not having guests for Christmas". As of last night we're having guests for Christmas eve. At least those projects will finally be done!

*catches barkeeps eye and signals for another*

*Slides a tall coffee drink down the bar to happi duck* It sounds like you'll need the caffeine!

nmoira, vitamin C is always good. Hence my virtual lemon drop. It's medicinal, right?

*in best Elvis voice*: Thank you, thank you very much

*grabs coffee to go*

Off to work! Thanks for the chance to chill...and the caffeine!

This is funny. I've had Boat Drinks stuck in my head all morning. Well, these two verses

Twenty degrees and the hockey games on

Nobody cares they are way too far gone

Screamin boat drinks, something to keep em all warm

I gotta go where there aint any snow

Where there aint any blow

Cause my fin sinks so low

I gotta go where it's warm

I'll take two more boat drinks.

Oh I so need a drink. On my 4th week being sick, and now the whole family is sick and on antibiotics so I really can't do a drink for another 8 days. SIGH.

But I will be back then for a shot of cinnamon whiskey before having a Redhook ISB beer. And then maybe a margarita. I mean, I have weeks to make up for!

As for crazy...the family is pretty tame. Heck, the inlaws sent presents. Before CHristmas. It's the first time in 8 years they got us presents! Guess it means they aren't coming to visit in January ;-)

I'll take whatever you're serving. Make it a double, and make sure it's strong enough to get me through tomorrow's dip into the dysfunctional cesspool.

I'll drink it right after making an incredible appetizer that most people on the planet will swoon for, but my relatives are guaranteed to find something wrong with it. And say so.

I'm staying home for Christmas, so I won't have to deal with any direct drama. However, I know that my FOO will be gossipping and spreading nasty untrue rumors about me, doing mean impressions of me, and saying "We didn't raise her to be like that." You know, a good wife and mother and person. :001_rolleyes:

So, I'll take a martini, please.

A round of drinks for everyone! I'm checking back in after getting some laundry and wrapping done. If I could just catch those two things up, I'd be feeling a whole lot more relaxed--or so I hope!

I'm brewing up a batch of glogg (Scandinavian mulled wine) to have in the evening while we wrap presents and sing carols. At least, that's my idyllic vision of our evening. The reality may be somewhat different!

A round of drinks for everyone! I'm checking back in after getting some laundry and wrapping done. If I could just catch those two things up, I'd be feeling a whole lot more relaxed--or so I hope!

I'm brewing up a batch of glogg (Scandinavian mulled wine) to have in the evening while we wrap presents and sing carols. At least, that's my idyllic vision of our evening. The reality may be somewhat different!

If you're sober enough to focus a camera after the wrapping is finished, I'd love to see a snapshot of drunken wrap-jobs.

Of course, my wrapping skills are nonexistent, so mine look like I was drunk regardless. Might as well grab a beer, then!

:cheers2:

I can only stop in for a bit. I have a project deadline tomorrow morning and I should be working. After that I'm done with work stuff for probably a week. Yay! A whole week off. That's pretty awesome when you're self-employed.

That said I'll take amaretto sour.

OK, I can have 1 beer before taking the kids to swim team. Got any Sam Smith's Pale Ale? (Carbs be dam*ed; it's been quite the week!). My daughter's minor oral surgery went well. Dog hasn't had another seizure. Nobody else has died this week.

Can I have a shot of Wild Turkey chilling for when I come back from the pool???? :bored:

I survived being one of the directors at Sunday's Christmas program. The kids were awesome(eventually), but I almost had a mental breakdown. Today my 5yo ds had a surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. He was a trooper and is doing well. School is off until the new year, and I think it is time to unwind. Bartender, I would like a Bloody Mary.

Whiskey, double, neat. (Got any 18yo Jameson's ?)

I feel like celebrating! It's vacation, AND no one has thrown up everywhere in over 4 days, so maybe the stomach bug that has been circulating since before Thanksgiving is finally over... Alcohol is a disinfectant right? Hmmm, maybe I should have done this weeks ago.

Bottoms up! And keep it down...

mmmm gluhwein- I think i've drank my weight in it this month.

I'd love a mojito tonight.... Im sick of DH working so much. I had so many fun holiday plans, but he has had to work through almost all of them. I've drank the gluhwien alone! Oh well. He's supposed to be "off" tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

I'll take whatever you're serving. Make it a double, and make sure it's strong enough to get me through tomorrow's dip into the dysfunctional cesspool.

I'll drink it right after making an incredible appetizer that most people on the planet will swoon for, but my relatives are guaranteed to find something wrong with it. And say so.

:grouphug: on the impending 'dip' and props for the awesome description bolded above!

Too bad this is a virtual bar...I'm sure your app would be appreciated here!

I'll just have a San Pelligrino Limonata, thanks. :drool5: Can I kvetch about something? It's not important or earth-shattering. It's just someone in my family who gets on my nerves. (Extended family.) She's still bitter that last year, I asked if we could go to our traditional Christmas out at a restaurant other than the one she planned. I was very nice about it and I made the new reservations. But she still has a chip on her shoulder and "refuses" to be involved in choosing a restaurant this year. I was tempted to tell her to go suck eggs. :glare: