Menu

This is my FAVORITE Christmas ever!

k2bdeutmeyer

I think I've said that at least 5x in the last 2wk or so......and I really, really mean it. We are strapped for cash (as always), but have found little ways to do a LOT of things this year and I just feel so, so happy. I want to shout it from the mountain tops :) I don't care if there is nothing in my bank account......and all the normal financial stressors of this time of year are so overpowered that I'm not even worrying about them.

It started with volunteering to make baked goodies for a fellow Hive member.....that turned into a group effort to sponsor the entire family (what an AMAZING feeling.....so, so awesome) - I truly could NOT have done it without all the friends and family that stepped up to help. There really are some amazing and kind people in this world. Then, I was given some cash for the family after everything was already shipped, so we went to Walmart and purchased some things to donate to the local women's shelter (toothbrushes, deodorant, baby wipes, etc).

I also found an old giftcard that I was able to use to purchase 2 Scentsy buddies for a friend's drive for the local children's hospital that my younger DD frequents. My kids had a great time picking them out.

Yesterday, I saw a friend talking about a friend of hers on Facebook - the friend's children attend Sandy Hook Elementary and she was collecting gift cards for treats (Coldstone, Panera, etc) to send to her friend/friend's kids. Enough people stepped up that she made a new goal of getting enough for her friend's kids to pass out to classmates. I have several people sending/dropping things off to contribute toward that in the next few days :)

AND......yesterday, we made rice krispie treats for the mail carrier. The girls made the cutest little cards to go with them. They are in the mailbox waiting for the mail carrier right now.

Anyway.....all this to say that even if you don't have spare cash, there are little things you can do that still make a big difference.....and they often explode into bigger things. Never underestimate the power you have to help another person!

Awesome.

We have had a Christmas somewhat like that......strapped for cash and big creativity. You know what? My kids STILL talk about how that was their best Christmas ever!

ALL of their presents were from yard sales and thrift stores. They loved it.

Here's hoping your kids talk about this one for years to come.

Awesome. We have had a Christmas somewhat like that......strapped for cash and big creativity. You know what? My kids STILL talk about how that was their best Christmas ever! ALL of their presents were from yard sales and thrift stores. They loved it. Here's hoping your kids talk about this one for years to come.

I really hope so!!!

Your post just makes my heart sing! :D

:) This post made me SO happy! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:) I can certainly say that this year has inspired me to do it all again next year. I wish I had the means to do it all and then some, but like I said, I've learned that even the smallest things can turn into something big.....and it ALL matters to someone!

That is AWESOME and it really speaks volumes about your giving heart.

Aww.....thanks! I wish I could do more!