Menu

Baby gift - well, re-gifting - well, sort of

momofkhm

My mom is a twin. (not that it matters to the discussion though.) My aunt's only child is 12 years younger than I am. He was the ring bearer at my wedding. My son was the ring bearer at his. Anyway, cousin's wife is pregnant.

When aunt was pg with cousin, my dad made 2 wooden things to go in cousin's room. One is an elephant that is a rocking "horse". The other is a giraffe that is a clothes holder. There is a flat part and then the horns/ears are dowels you can hang clothes on. These items came through cousin's young life just fine. (He's an only child. did I already say that?) My aunt gave these to me when my oldest was wee. I loved having them. But after 3 kids, the giraffe is broken. I wouldn't trust it in a room with the a young child. Dad could probably fix it though. But the elephant is in great shape.

So cousin's wife is pregnant. Would you give the elephant to cousin? And the giraffe too, if my dad could fix it so it's stable. One of the legs are broken. Not as a baby gift just as a "these were yours, I thought you might like them for your child."

(My plan had been to save them for grandkids. But oldest claims she will not be having kids. She's only 18 anyway, so it's not like grands would be soon.)

I think that many new parents appreciate hand-me-downs, and these are "extra special" since they are things that your cousin enjoyed when he was tiny. I would totally plan on offering the elephant and the giraffe if it can be repaired and is safe. I would think that they would really appreicate your gesture, but I am the highly sentimental type. :)

I think that many new parents appreciate hand-me-downs, and these are "extra special" since they are things that your cousin enjoyed when he was tiny. I would totally plan on offering the elephant and the giraffe if it can be repaired and is safe. I would think that they would really appreicate your gesture, but I am the highly sentimental type. :)

:iagree: