Menu

Best hopes and wishes to George HW Bush on getting home for Christmas

Spy Car

I've been concerned for the health of our former President and was cheered to see his improving health means his doctors expect to be able to get him hope for Christmas.

I've got an even older father (and like former President Bush, a WWII fighter-pilot) who has also been hospitalized recently, who is likewise improving, and who will also hopefully be home for Christmas.

Not so many of these WWII vets left. Brave guys!

Here is to getting home for Christmas!!!

Bill

That is good news.

Our homeschool group went to meet WWII vets as they returned from an Honor Flight. It was one of the most moving and memorable things our family has ever been part of. I encourage everyone who has an opportunity to do this to do so.

Wishing your father and your family a wonderful Christmas this year, Bill! I so agree that our WWII vets are very precious. We owe so much to them, and to their generation.

Thank you, I really (really) appreciate it.

A truly amazing generation, that is for sure.

Another who I know has been struggling is Senator Bob Dole. Good thoughts for him too. What an example of courage he has been!

Bill

… I've got an even older father (and like former President Bush, a WWII fighter-pilot) who has also been hospitalized recently, who is likewise improving, and who will also hopefully be home for Christmas. …

:grouphug: Best wishes for your father and family.

I've been concerned for the health of our former President and was cheered to see his improving health means his doctors expect to be able to get him hope for Christmas.

I've got an even older father (and like former President Bush, a WWII fighter-pilot) who has also been hospitalized recently, who is likewise improving, and who will also hopefully be home for Christmas.

Bill

:grouphug: :grouphug: Here's to President Bush and your dad, Bill. May they both be home for a warm and family-filled Christmas.

Bill

Yes. I'm glad he'll be able to get home and hope your dad gets home too. My beloved grandfather died recently and was also a WWII vet. We sure do miss him, you're right that there aren't too many vets left.

I hope all of our WWII vets who are still with us have a blessed, peaceful, loving and happy holiday season at home with their friends and family. My husband's uncle is 95 years old and spent almost all of WWII as a POW in Japan after the Philippines were invaded. He is a sweet, wonderful man and we all love fussing over him during the holidays. We feel so privileged to still have a member of the "greatest generation" present in our lives. It always brings a tear to my eye when I hear of another WWII vet, like Senator Inouye, passing on.

My friend's husband worked Secret Service (white house duty) and said that the older Bush family treated the SS the best in all the time he served there. Large gatherings and parties...just generally very nice people. Really fair and kind to everyone who worked to run that place.

Yes.

And RIP Senator Inouye, Medal of Honor, Bronze Star, Purple Heart recipient

Blessings to his family.

We've recently laid to rest a WWII vet in our extended family. My grandmother was one of 17 children and of the nine boys, seven served in WWII and many of their wives were met in Britain...nurses, clerks, you name it. It feels like a very sombre passing of an era. I sure admire these men and women.

Thanks for posting about President Bush Sr., Bill!

Faith

Bill,

Thanks for posting this. I've always respected President G.H.W. Bush even when I didn't agree with him. And, living in Texas, Mrs. Bush is the grandmother-in-chief. Blessings to them.

My beloved grandfather passed away last year. He flew for the Army-Air Corps and then had a very distinguished career in the USAF. The stories he told...

I hope your father continues to improve.