Menu

First world problem...vent...JAWM...don't judge if you haven't experienced this...

unsinkable

I treated myself to a bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares Holiday Limited Edition Assortment.

In years past, the assortment included: Eggnog, Peppermint Bark, and Pecan Pie.

I ASSumed that it was the same assortment but, oh, no, my friends, oh, no.

This year it is:

Eggnog

Peppermint Bark

and....

wait for it........................

Pumpkin Spice Caramel!

:crying: :cursing:

I WANT MY PECAN PIE GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SQUARE!!!

:drool5: I do know how it is when you are all set for a special treat and then they've changed it on you.

Imagine if you will, unsinkable in her bed, watching her crappy TV (real housewives, oh, I blush to admit that!) all snuggled in, expecting a crunchy pecan yum-yum. And CARAMEL oooooooozed out into my mouth.

Because of course I didn't READ the flavor. Because the package was BROWN, the same color as the pecan pie square of yore.

:scared:

:grouphug: I will light a candle for you.

Some people might make light of a tragedy like this, but I once unwrapped a nice little lollipop and stuck it in my mouth and it turned out to be BUTTERED POPCORN FLAVOR. Which is why I have trust issues. So I understand.

Some people might make light of a tragedy like this, but I once unwrapped a nice little lollipop and stuck it in my mouth and it turned out to be BUTTERED POPCORN FLAVOR. Which is why I have trust issues. So I understand.
That just sounds so nasty as a flavor.

It was like licking the bottom of a movie theater popcorn dispenser. It's been, like, ten years, and I can still call up how awful it tasted.

oh, this reminds me of one valentines - i knew exactly what i wanted, the heart-shaped milk chocolate truffles . . i'd bought one on sale after v-day one year and HAD to have some more! i told dh i wanted them, but we were fighting and he got the flu so he didnt do ANYTHING. and the next year they didnt make them any more!! so mad!!!

oh, or when I was in college and told myself if i went a full week without missing a class i'd buy myself some fudge at the fudge shop, and i went all semester without succeeding. a year later, i was 6 weeks in to the semester without missing a class, and i remembered and ran to the fudge shop . . which had closed.

chocolate . .. dont mess with our chocolate!

I grew up with frango's chocolates. they were developed at our local high end retailer (back when nordstrom was nothing but a shoe store). then frederick and Nelson was bought out by marshall field. then freddies was sold and closed, and another store, since purchased by macy's, got the recipe. so, macy's ended up with the trademark name.

we were in another state at a macy's and they were advertising frangos . . . . . .

THOSE WERE NOT FRANGOS!!!!!!!!!! :cursing: (they were awful. I want my real frangos back.)

WHAT?

They quit making lime starburst?

This is like the fall of a favorite Crayola.

Have you been to eBay?

Yes, I'm old enough to remember the fall of lime. It was the late 70's. I remember because one of the girls at school made a big fuss because lime was her favorite. It was replaced with cherry. I wish they'd replaced orange. Does anyone really like orange starburst?

I just checked ebay--no lime.

I treated myself to a bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares Holiday Limited Edition Assortment.

In years past, the assortment included: Eggnog, Peppermint Bark, and Pecan Pie.

I ASSumed that it was the same assortment but, oh, no, my friends, oh, no.

This year it is:

Eggnog

Peppermint Bark

and....

wait for it........................

Pumpkin Spice Caramel!

:crying: :cursing:

I WANT MY PECAN PIE GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SQUARE!!!

A cold chill just went down my spine.

:grouphug: