Menu

Why, why, WHY?!?!?! (another school shooting)

Xuzi

Newtown is prepared to peacefully protest and protect these grieving families, with the first of the funerals set to begin today, there has been no confirmation of WBC in Newtown.

My parents (who live in Sandy Hook) were driving home yesterday, and they saw a state trooper car sitting on the side of the road. My mom realized she remembered seeing a bus stop at the corner before and she and my dad pulled over and went up to the state trooper. They asked if there was anything they could get for him. The state trooper politely declined, and my parents continued on their way home. I guess they had to take a detour at some point, and as they were driving down another street... they saw another state trooper car parked on the side of the road. My mom and dad got out again, and thanked the trooper and asked if there was anything they could get for him. He politely declined, too. There are twenty such vehicles scattered around my town - in a close proximity- since the elementary schools were divided by area in the town.

CT has a state law prohibiting protesting/picketing around funerals for one hour prior to the service, and it ends one hour after the service concludes.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newtown is prepared to peacefully protest and protect these grieving families, with the first of the funerals set to begin today, there has been no confirmation of WBC in Newtown.

My parents (who live in Sandy Hook) were driving home yesterday, and they saw a state trooper car sitting on the side of the road. My mom realized she remembered seeing a bus stop at the corner before and she and my dad pulled over and went up to the state trooper. They asked if there was anything they could get for him. The state trooper politely declined, and my parents continued on their way home. I guess they had to take a detour at some point, and as they were driving down another street... they saw another state trooper car parked on the side of the road. My mom and dad got out again, and thanked the trooper and asked if there was anything they could get for him. He politely declined, too. There are twenty such vehicles scattered around my town - in a close proximity- since the elementary schools were divided by area in the town.

CT has a state law prohibiting protesting/picketing around funerals for one hour prior to the service, and it ends one hour after the service concludes.

I'm glad to hear they are out there enforcing just in case WBC does show.

But... WBC's modus operandi is to announce that they will picket something very high profile just to stir up attention for themselves. They rarely ever show up for these things -- it borders on almost never showing up for these things -- it is purely a promotional tactic. In the wake of a high profile event, they manage to steal some limelight away from it and onto themselves. They will also use any negative statements or attempts to block them as bases for lawsuits. I believe several of them are lawyers, so they have 24/7 in-house counsel on hand. They fill their coffers with the public outrage because they know how to poke and prod people into a frenzy and then twist the law to their financial advantage. This is how they make their money and continue to propagate and fund their hate crimes (well, at least in Canada, they are considered hate crimes).

I really do wish that the media would not give them the satisfaction of even mentioning it. I think the best weapon to use against WBC is to ignore them completely.

I'm glad to hear they are out there enforcing just in case WBC does show.

But... WBC's modus operandi is to announce that they will picket something very high profile just to stir up attention for themselves. They rarely ever show up for these things -- it borders on almost never showing up for these things -- it is purely a promotional tactic. In the wake of a high profile event, they manage to steal some limelight away from it and onto themselves. They will also use any negative statements or attempts to block them as bases for lawsuits. I believe several of them are lawyers, so they have 24/7 in-house counsel on hand. They fill their coffers with the public outrage because they know how to poke and prod people into a frenzy and then twist the law to their financial advantage. This is how they make their money and continue to propagate and fund their hate crimes (well, at least in Canada, they are considered hate crimes).

I really do wish that the media would not give them the satisfaction of even mentioning it. I think the best weapon to use against WBC is to ignore them completely.

I agree. They have announced they would be protesting several military funerals near us and never showed up. People should just ignore them.

I'm glad to hear they are out there enforcing just in case WBC does show. But... WBC's modus operandi is to announce that they will picket something very high profile just to stir up attention for themselves. They rarely ever show up for these things -- it borders on almost never showing up for these things -- it is purely a promotional tactic. In the wake of a high profile event, they manage to steal some limelight away from it and onto themselves. They will also use any negative statements or attempts to block them as bases for lawsuits. I believe several of them are lawyers, so they have 24/7 in-house counsel on hand. They fill their coffers with the public outrage because they know how to poke and prod people into a frenzy and then twist the law to their financial advantage. This is how they make their money and continue to propagate and fund their hate crimes (well, at least in Canada, they are considered hate crimes). I really do wish that the media would not give them the satisfaction of even mentioning it. I think the best weapon to use against WBC is to ignore them completely.

Yep, they threatened, and failed to show, for a high-profile military funeral in my area too.

I've actually seen very, very little about them in the news I've been reading (CNN, Yahoo, ABC, Fox). Maybe I've just overlooked it, but they don't seem to be getting nearly as much media attention this time. I've read more about them here on these threads than anywhere else, and it makes me happy.

Yep, they threatened, and failed to show, for a high-profile military funeral in my area too.

I've actually seen very, very little about them in the news I've been reading (CNN, Yahoo, ABC, Fox). Maybe I've just overlooked it, but they don't seem to be getting nearly as much media attention this time. I've read more about them here on these threads than anywhere else, and it makes me happy.

That is good to hear! I have only heard about their threats this time from this board. There has been no mention of it on CBC or CTV or Global that I have seen. But, we are obviously getting a lot less coverage than you are down there.

I just heard that the KKK is planning a counter-protest to the WBC.

..... :glare:

I don't know how I feel about this. In a fist fight between KKK and WBC who would I want to win? That's like asking in a fist fight between Hitler and Voldemort who would I want to win.