Menu

Why, why, WHY?!?!?! (another school shooting)

Xuzi

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but what kind of sick bastard does something like this? These are YOUNG CHILDREN! I am shocked, horrified, and angry. My heart breaks for the families who are dealing with this right now. I can not comprehend what causes a person to shoot down innocent people, much less CHILDREN!

YES!!!! That's what is so disturbing. I mean WHO does this type of thing PERIOD, but on very young kids? The news is conflicting. It sounds lime a KINDERGARDEN class was the target. SERIOUSLY??!!! I also heard that one shooter is dead, another is in custody. One 20, one 26.

Horrific. Devastating.

I wonder if it isn't another gamer who thought this might be a great idea to try out in real life...

This seems like more baseless speculation. Let's wait for facts. Perhaps we can reason that the shooter(s) has serious mental issues. I can't imagine going any further than that at this point.

I wonder if it isn't another gamer who thought this might be a great idea to try out in real life...

And exactly which game perpetuates shooting children in classrooms? "Normal" human beings don't hunt human beings whether they are "gamers" or not.

This is an absolute tragedy. I have been crying on and off since hearing. My god.

I can't listen, but dh told me heard the shooter is likely the son of a K teacher at the school, and there is a body at their home. ETA: . Dh says it is confirmed he killed his mother in her classroom. No body in their home.

He apparently killed his father at home in NJ, and then drove to the school.

Still speculation but I checked out his FB page and the video game he liked is apparently getting a lot of heat.

I don't think we can discount the effect these games have on people. Not saying it was in play here, but I think there is something to it.

Still speculation but I checked out his FB page and the video game he liked is apparently getting a lot of heat.

I don't think we can discount the effect these games have on people. Not saying it was in play here, but I think there is something to it.

There are millions of gamers in the world, me being one. I don't think gaming had anything to do with what happened to this guy's mind. It is easy to blame it on the game, they get a bad rap anyway. People that do something like this have something wrong with their brain wiring.

There are millions of gamers in the world, me being one. I don't think gaming had anything to do with what happened to this guys mind. It is easy to blame it on the game, they get a bad rap anyway. People that do something like this have something wrong with their brain wiring.

I don't disagree. I think there are many factors that, combined, can cause something like this.

So that could be on top of the 18 already confirmed dead children?

They are reporting that they are unaccounted for outside the school. That may mean that they are among the 18 dead. The unofficial report is that the entire class was killed.

We can only hope that there aren't any more.

WHY???? (I'm not yelling at you. I'm just so so so sad.)

My dad is a teacher for more than 40 years. We have always complain that dad has much more time for his students than us. If the shooter is mentally imbalanced, its easy to understand why he shot his mum and her class. Does not explain about the shooter's dad being killed though.

My dad is a teacher for more than 40 years. We have always complain that dad has much more time for his students than us. If the shooter is mentally imbalanced, its easy to understand why he shot his mum and her class. Does not explain about the shooter's dad being killed though.

I'm sure this was just poorly worded, but it doesn't explain the father OR the mother being murdered. Much less the CHILDREN.

I don't know why that makes it all the more horrifying.

I'm almost finding comfort in the fact that all the kids were from one class. Hopefully, none of the other children in the school had to witness the massacre and live with that the rest of their lives. Not that what they went through isn't horrifying, but to have actually SEEN their friends get killed would just be so hard.

My dad and mom were both teachers for over 40 years too. I still don't see it.

I think it is just AWFUL!!! I cannot imagine how the parents of the students (and adults) who were killed feel! :crying:

Recent local events have made me wonder how unsafe public schools actually are. How many people here have heard that a small school district in Central Texas has completely shut down after NINE bomb threats in one week at multiple schools? It was so out of control that they canceled school for Wed-Fri this week at all the public schools in the entire district. It hasn't made national news (that I know of), so it makes me wonder how much stuff like this goes on all across the country and doesn't make it into the national news unless something horrible happens. Are bomb threats and students bringing guns to school (happened at a school in this same district earlier this month) so commonplace that it isn't even news?

EDITED: I am SO very sorry that what I said came across incorrectly, that was NOT my intention at all. :grouphug: to all that I inadvertently hurt, I am truly sorry. I only meant that I would be afraid for the safety of my children in public school at this point.

So sorry. Leaving the conversation.

YES!!!! That's what is so disturbing. I mean WHO does this type of thing PERIOD, but on very young kids? The news is conflicting. It sounds lime a KINDERGARDEN class was the target. SERIOUSLY??!!! I also heard that one shooter is dead, another is in custody. One 20, one 26.

Horrific. Devastating.

I can't even comprehend the horror of that. Imagine all those baby faces...their poor parents.

And exactly which game perpetuates shooting children in classrooms? "Normal" human beings don't hunt human beings whether they are "gamers" or not.

This is an absolute tragedy. I have been crying on and off since hearing. My god.

No, they don't. My point exactly.

Me too. Crying and praying. I can't imagine what those parents who lost their children are going through...

Inexplicably, they are already treating this as a "gun control" problem instead of a parental/societal detachment-something-went-horribly-wrong problem.