Menu

Christmas Brunch party - what do you serve?

momofkhm

This would be for moms and daughters, girls ages 15-18. We were going to ahve an afternoon party, but then a friend sent out her invites first and is doing her party the same time we were planning. So now we're on to a brunch. I'm figuring an egg casserole and sausage balls, but do sweets come into play at all?

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water. That enough?

We have an elaborate brunch for about 30 family members on Christmas Day. It's a favorite meal of the year, and we love planning it :tongue_smilie: We vary our menu somewhat, but here are the basics:

Chocolate Mousse

Homemade Cheese Danish

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

Artichoke Tartlets

A Breakfast Casserole or just eggs and sausage

Cold Christmas Punch

Some other variations we have tried:

Gingerbread or Eggnog Pancakes

Corn Souffle (I think we need to bring this one back. It was delish!)

Caramelized Bacon Twists

Herb Cheddar Scones

Coffee Cake

Pomegranate Salad (We made this for a different meal last year, but it will probably be served at brunch this year)

Most of the recipes were from various years of the Tate of Home Holiday cookbook.

This would be for moms and daughters, girls ages 15-18. We were going to ahve an afternoon party, but then a friend sent out her invites first and is doing her party the same time we were planning. So now we're on to a brunch. I'm figuring an egg casserole and sausage balls, but do sweets come into play at all?

When we have a brunch similar to yours I always like to have fruit too. Usually I slice oranges and grapefruit, sometimes strawberries or melons if I have them.

We have a crew of 30ish on Christmas morning too! I love it. My kids get to stay in their pajamas, and I get to pretend to be Martha Stewart for a day.

In addition to some of the things mentioned above I like making a warm spiced peach salad, gingerbread (bread not cookies), and tea baked apples. I also enjoy setting my breadmaker so that it turns on in the wee hours of the morning. The aroma of freshly baked bread is so welcoming.

I assume you know these ladies well enough to be sure you have no one with special dietary concerns? I ask only because, as a vegan, I'd be out of luck except for coffee, tea and water with the menu you've listed.

Sigh. Brunch is one of those things I miss even all these years after going vegan. It's too much work to prep such a meal at home for just the four of us, and there's no point going to a restaurant where there's nothing for us to eat.