Menu

Pain, pain, and more pain......help?!?

k2bdeutmeyer

Aside from the general sense of discomfort/agitation I feel daily, I'm struggling with what I think is round ligament pain and pubic symphysis pain too. I'm only 21.5wk. I seriously hurt. My lower abdomen just aches and aches.....even when I'm sitting. It switches sides. At it's worst, I can hardly walk. My lower back/pelvis just aches and aches too.......like right at the top of my hip bones on my back. And the pubic symphysis pain....it gets worse and starts earlier with each pregnancy. I remember feeling kind of like this the last 4-6wk or so, but NEVER this early. I think I'm too old for babies/pregnancy, lol. I don't even really have much of a belly.

Oh....and did I mention that I'm on day 2 of a raging headache too?? Just shoot me.

Seriously though.....anything I can do to relieve the pain? Anything that has worked for you? I haven't called the OB, because I know she'll just tell me it's normal aches and pains.

Oh, how I wish! Our tub is awful. It is tiny and sucks all the heat out of the water (old cast iron/steel tub) in minutes. Baths in it truly are not a pleasant experience.

I haven't had any blood pressure issues. I think my headache is actually caffeine related. For a long time, diet Pepsi/Coke was the only thing that my stomach could handle, so I drank quite a bit of it (yes, my OB was aware of the caffeine intake and wasn't concerned). I recently stopped drinking it, because the carbonation was bothering my stomach and it was leaving a yucky taste in my mouth (thank you HG). I think THAT is the headache culprit.

Please don't take this as medical advice, BUT my OB said I could take Tylenol so you might want to ask about it. I'm 32 weeks, and the ligament and joint pain is so painful. I'm not enjoying waddling like a penguin (I passed the duck stage 10 weeks ago) every time I need to move.

Warm baths and showers, belly bands, keeping my knees together, and minimizing my trips up and down the stairs helps alleviate the symptoms.

I wore tights or those "not cotton thicker tight like material" leggings for the entire second half of my pregnancy, I was too short for the belly band to be comfortable at all, but the thick tights and leggings helped keep everything pulled in and reduced my discomfort.

Okay....can somebody link me to one of these belly bands? I think my OB might have recommended one for me toward the end of my 2nd pregnancy, but I don't think I ever got one. Leggings might work too.....I live in skinny jeans or leggings and boots in the winter :)

I'm totally fine with taking Tylenol.....I just wish it worked better. I feel like I'm already waddling.....wait, I know that I am, and I seriously do not have much of a belly at all. Sigh.

I used one like the over the shoulder one here with my twins. I wish I could have used it after, too, because my pelvis felt like it was actually going to fall apart walking up stairs and such for MONTHS after they were born.

We have the same bath tub situation - my midwives recommended soaking for back pain, and my husband was stuck with a hysterical, wet, slippery wife in a tub of water that didn't even cover my legs, let alone allow "floating". (Again with the twins) I ended up going to a therapy pool (physical therapy place that had a heated pool for aqua therapy) and just floating with pool noodles. That was awesome for taking the pressure off and I had no idea they even existed until my OB recommended it.

I'm okay. Exhausted 95% of the time, which is so, so frustrating. It's like I just can't recover - my body just can't/won't keep up with even the most minor of tasks. I still spend the majority of my time on the couch. I hate it. I have TERRIBLE reflux (food, not acid) that plagues me 24/7, I asked the OB about switching or adding a new med for that and she said there isn't anything else I can do since I'm already taking Prilosec 2x/day (double the normal dosage). And I'm fighting the typical HG mouth (horrible, horrible taste/film in the mouth no matter what you eat/drink). BUT, I'm eating some and gaining (minimally), so I guess one could say that I'm doing okay. I've told DH that I think is probably as good as it's going to get.

I so, so badly wanted to enjoy this last pregnancy and I'm feeling like I have to grieve a little bit. At this point, I just want to be done. I want it over. I want to feel normal again. All those feelings make me so, so sad.

Sorry you're stillmiserable, but yay that you're eating! :) I had thatfood lump in my stomach the whole time with this last pregnancy. My midwife said that it's caused by everything slowing down and getting sluggish. She suggested magnesium, saying that that helps things move along. I don't know if it helped. I had good days and bad days and it seemed to be related to how much I pushed myself. But perhaps it will help