Menu

Gallbladder problems....another post

cajunrose

We are dealing with SO much right now and like I said on my last post. We have to get through my husband's knee injury...the move, etc. That being said, I'm having gallbladder issues. I'm sure of it. I had another attack that had me vomiting and in severe pain last night. I do get indigestion/reflux issues and bowel problems when eating fatty foods or seedy foods. I take 2 pepcid as needed but I am seeing the other gallbladder post here and people mention prilosec as a preventative. Is prilosec over the counter and is it ok to take it as a preventative? I will go to the doctor and have this tested and taken care of when I can but it's not even a question right now. My health is on the back burner until we get moved and my husband has his surgery for his knee. I just need to figure out how to live with this until I can focus on me after the first of the year. I AM trying to eat healthier and I do feel better when I do, but sometimes something hits me like a brick wall when I least expect it..like sesame seeds last night in our stir fry (healthy stir fry that my husband made for me).

Thanks so much

Could be that the seeds were just coincidental I couldn't figure out what set off last nights problems...and I thought I remembered somebody talking about seedy stuff...I'm getting my -itises mixed up..lol I think mine is gallbladder because when I have an attack, I have severe back pain that radiates around to the same place in the front...along with vomiting. It's in the same spot that the internet shows is gallbladder (yes...I let the internet diagnos me until I can get to the doc.)

I had my gallbladder removed when I was 27; so, I'm pulling from long ago memories. High Fat foods set off my gallbladder attacks. I knew I had to do something when I thought I was having a heart attack the pain was so bad in my back and chest. I'm sorry I don't have better advice other than try to keep a fairly bland diet until you can see the MD.

It does sound like gall bladder. The Pepcid won't prevent but might keep the pain at bay---but honestly I doubt it. Gastro doc gave dh a list of foods to avoid while he was waiting for surgery....high fat and raw veggies and fruit.

Also smaller meals seemed to help more than anything.