Menu

What's for Dinner, 12/3

justLisa

We have to go to Costo, so I'm picking up rotisserie chickens and garlic bread and a bag of salad. Because I currently hate cooking. But I only have 2 meal plans for the week and need something else.

So what are you having?

Last night I cooked a ton and made szarlotka (apple pastry). I just had to plug that in :lol:

The bean sprouts need to get eaten so we're going to have Pad Thai. I'm thinking we'll try a new sticky rice dessert with peanuts, sesame seeds, and palm sugar.

How do you do that? I am intrigued by Asian desserts but don't know how to make them.

How do you do that? I am intrigued by Asian desserts but don't know how to make them.

This one just boils everything together and then you spread it in a baking dish like rice krispies. It's very different from the standard sticky rice dessert you get in Thai restaurants. That's really easy to make too.

What are kale chips, and where can I get them? Your dinner sounds yummy.

I wash/chop kale (or use a bag of pre-cut, which is what I have right now), spread out on a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray the kale with cooking spray, then season lightly with something. I might try the garlic spread stuff tonight from Costco, but it's usually just a salt/pepper blend. Bake at 350 until the edges are starting to brown and the kale is crisp-ish. 10-12 minutes or so? They are like really thin potato chips. Maybe there's some better "official" way to make them, but that's what I do and the kids love it.

Beef stew and copycat Red Lobster biscuits.

I found some beautiful strawberries at the produce stand this morning, so we'll have strawberries and cream for dessert. Strawberry season is just beginning here. Yay!

Okay, now I'm jealous!! There are still strawberries in our grocery store but they look pitiful.

I think I'll do spaghetti and salad tonight. I'm in a cooking rut too, I could use some new ideas... but they have to be easy. I'm just not up for spending much time in the kitchen these days!! :)

After being tortured at the occupational therapist (she needed to make my wrists hurt to pinpoint pain and treatment. Ouch!!!) i went easy with chili cheese dogs and canned green beans. Dd browned the ground beef and dealt with the chili, ds filled the pot for the hot dogs and popped the can of green beans. :)

If i can get them to help with dishes, the pain will have been worth it.

It's our night out, so pub fare. For me that means either soup or half order of shepherd's pie, a salad, and a pint. The kids favour a banger and mash, no pint.

ETA: But I've got two pounds of pork tenderloin marinating in mustard and garlic for tomorrow and Thursday's meals.

Tonight, we had Italian Sausage & Potato Roast (http://pinterest.com/pin/264797653060471488/). Tomorrow night, we'll be having French Dip Sandwiches (http://www.thewhickerbasket.blogspot.com/2010/01/french-dip-sandwiches.html), roasted broccoli, and baked beans. Wednesday will be Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull-apart Bread (http://www.inthekitchenwithkp.com/recipe/pepperoni-mozzarella-pull-apart-for-a-tasty-tailgate-sundaysupper) and salad after we go Christmas caroling at a local retirement home. Thursday is Rosemary Chicken Skillet (http://pinterest.com/pin/264797653060059895/) and roasted asparagus.