Menu

Stupid question about muffin pan liners

redsquirrel

Ok, I had some of those paper muffin pan liners in my cupboard and I have no idea where they came from. My mom? Anyway, I wanted to get rid of them so I used them for a batch of blueberry muffins. The darn things stuck to the muffins! By the time we had ripped/picked/peeled them off the muffin there was almost no muffin left over. It was so frustrating!

Are they meant just for cupcakes? Is there a kind that does work with muffins? I am going to make a lot of muffins this holiday season and those little liners are looking convenient...if there is a way to make them work. I want them to save me the trouble of oiling the pans for every batch. And, I have a dream of colour coding my muffins by the paper cups....

I always use liners because I hate spraying the trays. Some recipes stick more than others, especially if I sub applesauce for the oil, so I think fat content may play a role. Also make sure the muffins are fully cool before taking the wrapper off, warm muffins always stick more for me.

I make muffins all the time, and don't have a problem with the wrappers sticking.

Some things to consider are the fat content of your muffins, and if they are cooled down enough. If you make low-fat muffins they will stick, and if they are too hot they will also stick.

But, maybe the wrappers were just old.

You know, I've always used them for muffins and cupcakes and never had a problem until recently. (Like last month or two.) I've noticed that the same muffins I've always made have been sticking. I just started spraying them.