Menu

Getting over the food blahs

elegantlion

Ds and I are picky eaters. We like what we like and I'm pretty used to what I eat. Ds is in a slump. He likes healthy food and his share of junk food, but he's bored with food choices. I take him to the store and he seriously can't find a thing he likes. He's not opposed to trying new things and eats what I cook. I'm not a great cook, I hate cooking, and we usually try light breakfasts and minimal cooking for lunch. He helps with every dinner. But we're both just burnt out on food in general.

I think if we had an Asian market or more exotic choices he's like it better. We in a rural area with not a huge variety. We don't have to budget to try a lot of things, and dh is very midwestern meat and potatoes with his likes.

He generally likes to eat single things, not a huge mix of food. He doesn't like cheese, is sick of bready products, and likes some fruits and vegetables. He's burnt out on peanut butter, tuna, and ramen.

So what food invigorates your menu? Preferably something that doesn't take a huge amount of prep time.

Do you eat pork? Pork tenderloins are quite tasty, as well as really easy to cook. You can just roast it for 20-25 minutes (some even come already flavored; if not, just slap on whatever salt/spices/herbs you have lying around), or slice it into little bits and make a stirfry with vegetables.

Do you eat pork? Pork tenderloins are quite tasty, as well as really easy to cook. You can just roast it for 20-25 minutes (some even come already flavored; if not, just slap on whatever salt/spices/herbs you have lying around), or slice it into little bits and make a stirfry with vegetables.

Those sound good. We do some pork, lots of bacon, probably too much bacon, but I'll have to try the tenderloins.