Menu

Locked Out

A.Balaban

This apartment has very old strange doors upstairs. DH closed the door upstairs this evening to the third bedroom and apparently one of the kids locked it today... so yeah, it's locked..... DH took off the door knob, but the locking mechanism is on the *other* side of the door. The hinges are on the other side of the door. So, we are locked out of our office, our only full bath, and attic. DH can't get to his closet. I really wanted to take a shower... :thumbdown: DH is going to see if the neighbors will let him go through their house so he can climb over to our side of the porch and get the bathroom window open. BUUUT, I think they leave pretty early in the morning, and DH works until late tomorrow night (actually, this entire week....) I don't know. I guess DH will have to call out tomorrow to get this straightened out unless one of the neighbors is home in the AM. (No, we don't have a ladder, so we can't get onto the porch ourselves).

What luck. :glare:

Once I was locked inn to a room. It was wen my oldest children were toddlers I was in their bedroom with them all cleaning up their room. the door knob fell off. there was no way to open the door from the inside and DH was at work. My oldest was around 2. At least the children were locked in the room with me. After a time I lowered the 2 year old out the window and he made his way and managed to let us out.

I hope you get your situation resolved soon!

I once got locked in a bathroom. It was a college dorm bathroom. I was on the summer paint crew and there were several of us in the building. It was a large, floor bathroom (as opposed to a suite or room bathroom) and locked with a deadbolt. Well the deadbolt would not unlock. The windows didn't open and even if they did they were so narrow I would not have been able to slip through. And no one could hear me calling because we had music cranked up really loud while we worked. So it was a long time before someone noticed I was missing, turned down the music, and started calling for me. Then they had to call campus security to get me out. :p

Well, DH stayed home from work, which was just as well as I was sick all day.

The neighbors were home just before dinner so DH came inside to eat, and then he went out to them right after dinner... they had gone out. We kept checking back until 9pm but no answer at their door.

Sigh. No shower today.