Menu

Daily schedule on an Android tablet -- what app to use

I'm not sure how common it is to be allowed to view all 3 schedules on the screen at once, I could totally be wrong about that though. I found this one (it is presented for college students, but I think it is adaptable for your needs)

I don't mean to state the obvious, but have you searched in the app marketplace and just searched school schedule, daily organizer, schedule organizer, etc. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Two possibilities:

Astrid which is a to do list manager. I am not sure about the three way view, but they do allow for renewing events.

http://astrid.com/

Evernote: http://evernote.com/

I've attached a note I created to monitor the amount of response I get from three different students. The check boxes can be checked as things are done and you can fill in more than I have on my sample with a schedule and times.

I am in a Windows/Android universe so I am not sure how this will change for the ipad. I will say that I don't think you can set this chart up on a mobile device (due to the more complex formatting), but instead set it up on your full computer and because Evernote syncs up all your devices, you can then use the check boxing on the ipad.

I really like the look of Evernote. I downloaded it and will take a look at it this weekend. I am hoping you can cross things out as you go so they disappear off the screen. Thanks!

I don't think you will be able to have them disappear off the screen. Evernote is a remember everything app not a to do list so that's not exactly what they are geared at. I've been looking a productivity apps for a while and I'm not sure the three way schedule thing is out there (at least cheaply there are expensive things like Omnifocus that probably could do as part of their manage your reports section, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars.)

Evernote does have a cross through function, but I suspect the check boxes will work the best on the ipad. To cross through the text, you'd have to highlight the whole section on your tablet which is a pain. Tapping a check box is much easier.

What I do is keep a blank copy and make additional copies of the note and rename them with the day's date. Saving those might give you feedback in terms of what things get skipped.

You could make the schedule on your computer, save as pdf, and let them use ezPDF to edit. They can then take their finger and check things off.

I wonder if the Home Routines app would work well? It's for iOS, but there is website access if you buy the app, and the website works well on android.

Our whole family lives by Cozi. It is particularly great for dh who can access the schedule anytime, anywhere by phone, tablet, or computer.

You can cross off as you go in Cozi - it will run a line through the item, but will not completely delete it, so you can see all of what was assigned that day and how much is completed. Then Mom or whoever is in charge can go in and clear out the checked items.

Our whole family lives by Cozi. It is particularly great for dh who can access the schedule anytime, anywhere by phone, tablet, or computer.

You can cross off as you go in Cozi - it will run a line through the item, but will not completely delete it, so you can see all of what was assigned that day and how much is completed. Then Mom or whoever is in charge can go in and clear out the checked items.

I'd love to hear more about how you use cozi for school. I use the calendar and grocery list, but is there a way to make other lists?

I'd love to hear more about how you use cozi for school. I use the calendar and grocery list, but is there a way to make other lists?

We use the to-do list function for lots of different things including school. You can create a different list for each person (and we also have business to-do lists going for dh and I) and then it functions just like the grocery list where you can enter tasks or assignments and the kids can "tap" the check mark when they have completed it. Whenever you want, you can go in and see what has been done (and grade it), see what is left to do and check off, or clean up/reorder the list and remove checked assignments. :001_smile: You could probably even create a week's worth of lists for each kid, but we haven't gone that in-depth yet since mine are younger and mostly do the next thing. You can also rename the lists so that it says N Monday, N Tuesday, etc. instead of To-Do, which might freak out some kids. :D