Menu

Has anyone done Beth Moore's James study?

Chris in VA

We are starting it at our church in December. I love her stuff, and it'll be the 7th (I think) one we've done.

Anything in particular you liked or dislike, esp about the dvd presentations?

I noticed they do not have a principle question (or is it principal?) for each day. How did YOU discuss the lessons? Did you use the "teacher's guide?'

Anything else?

I am still working on Daniel. I'm getting a bit bogged down here in week 9 but will motivate myself to move forward tomorrow. When I finish it I will do the James study. I used to study them in a group setting but for the last few years I have really enjoyed downloading the video sessions and studying at home. I miss some of the group time but can start and stop the video as I need to, rewatch it, and I never get behind!

We're doing this study now. You are right, there isn't as much guidance in the workbook for which questions are intended for the group discussion. I led for a few weeks as a sub.

Since each day's homework only covers a few verses (it is a short book!), I think those verses are their own principle statement. We were best able to stay on track when we read the day's verses from James before discussing the day's homework.

If you are leading people who are used to having a principle statement, it might be neat if you asked them to write one and share it for each day's study!