Menu

Help me remember this grammar book title

FLDebbie

I'm hoping someone here can help me with remembering the title of what I believe is a book about parts of speech. In it, the author makes each part of speech into a family member. I recall reading about how the author (who I believe is a teacher) was in class one day and her students weren't getting the parts of speech so she started drawing them as characters. She then made characters for all the parts of speech and put them together into this book. Does this sound familiar to anyone???

That's it. Thanks!

You are welcome. And, for what it's worth, my youngest and I are going through this now and are really enjoying it. I didn't print the colored pictures (I didn't like them :blush:) but I made my own and colored them (I love coloring!). Then I made a 2nd light penciled copy that dd colors (she didn't want to draw her own and have it not measure up to her moms wonderful artwork :D ).

I'm looking to use it with my 3rd grader, and so it's good to know it's appropriate for that age level. He remembers concepts and facts so much better if they have a story attached and I think this book will help him more easily remember the parts of speech. We're not artists here so much (more into math and science than anything artsy) so I likely will print the pages, although I do like your idea of drawing and coloring them ourselves. It's just one more way to make the work meaningful.