Menu

Boardies helping Boardies - The Christmas special

Parrothead

This is my contribution this year. I volunteer to be the coordinator and deal with the headaches that will accompany it.

So if you are a Boardie in need of assistance during the Christmas season and would like another Boardie to assist you no matter what that boardie is capable of contributing (may be all homemade items), PM me with your name and address, your kids ages and interests or favorite things. I'll pass that information to a boardie in your country if one is available.

If you are a Boardie willing to help another boadie in need, please PM me your name and what country you are currently living in so I can match you up with a boardie in need in your country if one is available. Your countribution to helping a Boardie in need can be monetary, purchased gifts or homemade items. The choice is yours as the sponsor.

And folks, only ask for help is you are truly in need. If your kid(s) is already getting a few things any you are looking for an easy way to supplement, look somewhere else.

Also as some long time posters have a very low post count yet have been here for years I'm not singling out X number of posts as a cutoff. Anyone who joins today or tomorrow or next week and asks for help probably won't get matched with someone. If I have a question about anyone I don't recognize (and there may be quite a few) I'll try to track them down with recommendations from someone I do know and make sure they are legit.

Okay, hopefully this will be good for all of us.

Okay maybe this won't be the headache I thought it would be.

I have 4 US families willing to help out standing by. If you are in need this season please PM me.

I have one Canadian family that could use a bit of love this season. Please PM me if you are in Canada and can help a family out.

This board is very generous and there are multiple threads going at once:

Offering items:

http://forums.welltr...have-available/

Requesting help:

http://forums.welltr...s-i-would-like/

Just FYI since these boards are public, they might generate requests from non boardies.

Sadly anyone singing up today and after is automatically out for receiving this year. I just can't deal with trying to track down and verify stories. Perhaps if this goes well this year we can have The Christmas special - Season 2 next year. If any new people are in need of help or want to help then they can be matched.

I posted in the requesting help thread.I have read this board for a long time but did just register when i posted.i think i had registered before along time ago but do not have access to that old email anymore.My family could really use the help. know you said we cant be considered if we just signed up but if need be i can verify our need.My husband works at a kmart that is closing down that should be easy to verify and if need be i can send proof that we are loosing our ssi income.My kids are not used to doing without and im really stressing this year.I did call united way in our are but they did signup for Christmas help back in the beginning of October.

I posted in the requesting help thread.I have read this board for a long time but did just register when i posted.i think i had registered before along time ago but do not have access to that old email anymore.My family could really use the help. know you said we cant be considered if we just signed up but if need be i can verify our need.My husband works at a kmart that is closing down that should be easy to verify and if need be i can send proof that we are loosing our ssi income.My kids are not used to doing without and im really stressing this year.I did call united way in our are but they did signup for Christmas help back in the beginning of October.

The only thing I can do is ask if someone is willing to take a chance that you aren't scamming. If no one volunteers there isn't anything else I can do.

So if anyone is willing to specifically help acarpenter please PM me and I'll match the two of you .

The only thing I can do is ask if someone is willing to take a chance that you aren't scamming. If no one volunteers there isn't anything else I can do.

So if anyone is willing to specifically help acarpenter please PM me and I'll match the two of you .

ETA: acarpenter has someone willing to help. :hurray: Thank you for your generosity.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to help Boardies in need this season. I've matched a couple of families with great helpers, and I have a couple tentative matches. I'm just waiting to hear back. I still have a number of people willing to help and nobody to match them to. So please don't be shy. Family size doesn't matter.

If you know of a Boardie who could use a bit of help and they haven't been here today, give them a nudge.

I'm keeping everyone's info as private as possible.

Thanks again.

Thank you everyone who has volunteered to help out a board member in need this season. I have a lot more people willing to help than I have people who have stated a need. Thank you for your generosity.

So far I have matched 9 families with generous elves.

If anyone else has a need, please let me know. I can work on matching people today. But after today everything else will have to wait until Saturday. Dh goes in for surgery tomorrow, then Friday I have to take my friend to the oral surgeon. So I'll be busy those two days.

I have a family who will have a nice Christmas if they can get to Grandma's house. If anyone is wiling to specifically send a bit of gas money please PM me.

Just bumping this specific need. The recipient does have a paypal account so it does not need to be cash in an envelope type deal.

i can embroider things. i don't know if that counts though? i don''t know if that could really benefit anyone. i have a nice embroidery machine though & that is what i am using to give as gifts this year. if you think that would even be of interest to anyone, let me know & i will pm you with my information. :)

What kind of help? Let me know. This year I will be an elf.

Chuckie, just e-mail me since your PM box is probably full. I can receive messages through the Beachbody link below. (no you wouldn't be signing up for anything)

It is actually cleaned out. I'll put you on my list of helper elves.

Okay ladies! So far we have helped 12 families. Can I get a big :hurray: for all those volunteers who were in a position to help out others in need?

I still have some people willing to help and no one to match them with. I'll bump this up at least once a day for people who don't visit every day. So if you've volunteered and haven't gotten matched yet with a family in need, just wait a bit. Someone may yet need your help.

PS. This wasn't the headache I thought it would be. I'm willing to coordinate next year to if we decide to do this.

15! That is how many families The Hive has helped to date. :hurray: :hurray:

I do have a handful of elves still on stand-by for someone who needs help.

If you've not been picked yet to assist someone it is either because you can help in specific ways that haven't been needed yet or there were just so many wonderful and generous volunteers that help outnumbered need.

As the Advent season is just now starting there may still be a need for assistance.

15! That is how many families The Hive has helped to date. :hurray: :hurray:

I do have a handful of elves still on stand-by for someone who needs help.

If you've not been picked yet to assist someone it is either because you can help in specific ways that haven't been needed yet or there were just so many wonderful and generous volunteers that help outnumbered need.

As the Advent season is just now starting there may still be a need for assistance.

This thread makes me so happy!