Menu

Well, darn. Caught up on Downton Abbey, et al., now what?

Elinor Everywhere

We don't have cable or satellite, but we do have Apple TV, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. We are all caught up on Downton Abbey (through Season 3), Doctor Who (except this current season, but I can't find where to watch it online), Modern Family (current season), Amazing Race (current season) and Sherlock isn't out yet.

We didn't really care for Merlin (although my kids like it), and we did watch Monarch of the Glen for several seasons but then lost interest.

Any current sitcoms we can't live without? I'm not a huge sitcom fan, but I literally laugh at loud at Modern Family. Other sitcoms I've liked are Frasier and Seinfeld. I'm not big into medical or police dramas, and other than Amazing Race, I don't watch reality shows. We don't watch sports except for tennis. Maybe we should just read.... :tongue_smilie:

How did you get caught up on Downton Abbey? I've only seen the older seasons but not this newest one.

Did you already watch the second season of Sherlock? It's very good and on Netflix. I'm watching Once Upon

A Time on Netflix and think it's great. Really like it! I watched the first season on Netflix and bought the second

season (it's going on now) on iTunes for $34.99. The first season is great though. I'd recommend it even if you'll

only watch it until the second comes out on Netflix.

How did you get caught up on Downton Abbey? I've only seen the older seasons but not this newest one.

Did you already watch the second season of Sherlock? It's very good and on Netflix. I'm watching Once Upon

A Time on Netflix and think it's great. Really like it! I watched the first season on Netflix and bought the second

season (it's going on now) on iTunes for $34.99. The first season is great though. I'd recommend it even if you'll

only watch it until the second comes out on Netflix.

I watched the most recent Downton Abbey season online via a proxy server. I liked it better than season 2.

Yep, saw both seasons of Sherlock. Haven't heard of Once Upon a Time, but I will check it out - thank you!

Proxy server? Do you mind telling me which one and what you mean? (Exposing my ignorance)

Me, too... Someone mentioned Bear Tunnel, I think, in conjunction with the Olympics, but I am one of the ignorant ones that would really appreciate some guidance. Are there any cautions or downsides to be aware of?

I am watching (old show) -- Brideshead Revisited. I've seen it before, but find it worth re-viewing. Also enjoyed Island at War (despite bad reviews for authenticity, or lack thereof) and Land Girls.

double post

You are my HERO!!! I watched Seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime a few months ago, and so the idea of waiting for PBS to get the new season as they dole them out once per week was something I wasn't looking forward to. I'm SO happy that you shared this site.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Blessings,

Lucinda

dh and I are in the midst of Foyle's War (on Netflix). We've also watched Lark Rise to Candelford and enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as Downton.

Foyle's war has been one of my and my husband's favorite shows! Love it! Wish there were more. And okay, I have a crush on Michael Kitchen. :blush5: