Menu

The favicon is gone

Parrothead

Which icon was it? I know some of them are gone and there seem to be some new ones, but I can't figure it all out.

Well, I'm pretty sure :ph34r: is new. But other than that...

I think she is talking about the little bee hive that was the favicon in the address bar. I am wondering what that new little symbol represents. Must be IP Board's default, but not sure why it looks like a V.

• 3 years later...

I think she is talking about the little bee hive that was the favicon in the address bar. I am wondering what that new little symbol represents. Must be IP Board's default, but not sure why it looks like a V.

I just got a new hd in my laptop and have been setting it up today. The cute bee hive icon on my bookmarks bar isn't there now for the WTM page. Just a boring, generic icon. Is there a way to get the bee hive back? All my other bookmarks have their proper icons. 

It's a beehive? I thought the yellow beehive favicon disappeared years ago.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see. post-6896-0-61329300-1476880275_thumb.jpg

The top tab shows a generic icon, the bottom is google's, and the middle is WTM's: three blue triangles. I guess I've always thought it made a sort of W, though now that I look at it it's more of a V than a W.

Anyway, mine is not gone (today or yesterday). I remember posting a few years ago, though, when mine was missing and other people still had it. I wonder if it has more to do with individual system settings than something at WTM.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see. attachicon.gifScreen Shot.jpg

The top tab shows a generic icon, the bottom is google's, and the middle is WTM's: three blue triangles. I guess I've always thought it made a sort of W, though now that I look at it it's more of a V than a W.

Anyway, mine is not gone (today or yesterday). I remember posting a few years ago, though, when mine was missing and other people still had it. I wonder if it has more to do with individual system settings than something at WTM.

I see the blue V on my open tab, but just the windows generic bookmark icon that looks like a blank paper with a corner turned down on my bookmarks bar. 

I just set up this computer and am totally not-techy, so I have no clue about its settings, but all my other bookmarks, over 15 of them, from a wide variety of webpages, show up normally.

I see the blue V on my open tab, but just the windows generic bookmark icon that looks like a blank paper with a corner turned down on my bookmarks bar. 

I just set up this computer and am totally not-techy, so I have no clue about its settings, but all my other bookmarks, over 15 of them, from a wide variety of webpages, show up normally.

That's annoying. On my bookmarks bar and the tab s I have the blue V.

I looked up my previous post. It was from April of this year and the favicon disappeared from both tabs and the bookmark bar. But after a few weeks it came back. Since nobody replied to my post, I am guessing other people weren't experiencing the same thing. I'm not techy either, so I don't know how to figure out what's causing it.

Hopefully yours will come back on its own too!

• Like 1

I've attached a screenshot of what I see. attachicon.gifScreen Shot.jpg

It did. This post is 4 years old. But I still miss the beehive. I have the blue V too.

Have you clicked on the bookmark? Every so often I have some sort of update and it's like the thumbnails disappear. Usually, all it takes is clicking a bookmark and the website refreshes it.

It did. This post is 4 years old. But I still miss the beehive. I have the blue V too.

ScoutTN's post was two days ago and mentioned the beehive. I wondered for a second if some people still had the beehive.

Anyone know what the blue V is? Actually I guess it's a gray V on a blue back ground.

ScoutTN's post was two days ago and mentioned the beehive. I wondered for a second if some people still had the beehive.

Anyone know what the blue V is? Actually I guess it's a gray V on a blue back ground.

I had the beehive until a few weeks ago when my hard drive died. 

I click on the bookmark every time I come here and it is still a generic. 

I don't think it is my computer because no other website fails to have it's own unique favicon.