Menu

going back to school for nursing...

So...I was sitting around one afternoon and finally decided to just do it! Ive been contemplating going back to college for years now..but I keep getting caught up with life. I finally realized my fear is holding me back and I think I need to face that fear and go for it! I went ahead and registered for my prerequisites this past week and I am just working on figuring out how to manage school with 3 kiddos. I think it will be a little better then if I did it a few years back.

Thankfully, I have my BSW already so I can attend an accelerated program...3 semesters! I only have Ant. 1 & 2 with labs plus Chemistry and Microbiology to take! (plus those labs)

The accelerated program starts in May and there is no way I can get my pre-reqs. done...so I will be applying for the following year May 2014..... My son, which I mainly home schooled, will be graduating that year! That leaves my baby, who turned 10 today, at the end of 5th grade ready to start middle school with her sister for that year I am in the program. They have school from 9:45-4:45 which is an amazing schedule for me to work school around!! I am just thrilled at the possibility that I can actually get this done!!

I just finished biology with my son so all this science is fresh in my brain...I already downloaded the power points for anatomy and chemistry for these teachers...and Im studying like crazy! I have a horrible memory...and need all the time I can get! BUT...I am determined. Anyone else a nurse? I haven't attempted this program before. I was a probation officer and once I had my babies I became a doula! I love L&D and would love to go into that area (at least now) Ive also might look into hospice. One end to the other. I cant wait to start! I would love any advice!