Menu

For those of you who make your own copywork pages

ELaurie

So far I've written out copy work pages for my ds 8 by hand. However, now that ds 5 is ready for copy work as well, I am looking for ways to streamline the process.

I have a primary font with lines on my computer, and could also download fonts from a website if this would help.

We have used HWT for printing, but I don't think it's essential to use the same font for copy work, as long as it is a reasonably close match.

I want to print the poems they have memorized from FLL and other sources so they can add them to their poetry / memory work folders.

Thank you!

I really like Educational Font Ware. I think that they have an equivalent to HWT. I am often able to use the same copywork for both my 1st and 3rd. For example, currently I have my 3rd grader copying a printed sentence in cursive. My 1st grader is copying the sentence straight. I have also entered a sentence in print and then copied it and changed the font. Another thing I like to do is find a passage I want my oldest to copy on the web. Then I just copy and paste it into Word to use as copywork.

Well, I'm not sure about "easy to use." (re: Startwrite)

I ws having issues about doing a second page today--but I eventually figured it out!

Wait until you figure out how to put colouring page images in--that's the greatest!

But it's also terrific in that I can not only use different "styles" of cursive to the kids--but change the size of the font as well--and still use the same passage.

My son, who has resisted cursive for an entire year saw "HWOT cursive" and said it looked like "robot writing," could he try that?

What do you think I said? ;)

Startwrite seems to offer features that Educational Fontware doesn't have. I taught one child to write in cursive using HWT and would like to use it with the next child, and I'd love to be able to prepare copy work on my computer. Unfortunately, It doesn't look like Startwrite has the "HWT" font. Is it possible to download this or other fonts into Startwrite, or are you limited to the ones which come with the program?