Menu

Seriously freaking out

Whereneverever

I disagree. This would be contradict what my midwife, GYN doctor and my family doctor told me. It would also contradict my sister who is a professor of gennectic biology says to be true. Your skin is the first defence in fighting disease.

There is no way to be exposed to a cold or a stomach flu or a cold sore through the skin on your breast. Come on.

I disagree. This would be contradict what my midwife, GYN doctor and my family doctor told me. It would also contradict my sister who is a professor of gennectic biology says to be true. Your skin is the first defence in fighting disease.

Your skin is a defense because it does not allow pathogens into the body (unless there is a break in the skin). It is not a transport system for germs to come and go through your skin.

This is very misleading. The mother cannot make antibodies unless she is infected. She can't be infected until the baby has become contagious, and that does not happen instantaneously, it takes days after the initial exposure.

La Leche League isn't a reliable source for scientific information about immunology. :lol:

The mother can make antibodies if she is exposed to illnesses. She does not have to be infected.

Also, LLL has quite credible information with regards to breast feeding and the way women's bodies function in that regard. Aside from that, if i remember correctly, their information is studied/written with the aid of doctors and nurses, as well as a lot of scientific research. It's not just hippie nursing moms spouting information.

The mother can make antibodies if she is exposed to illnesses. She does not have to be infected.

Also, LLL has quite credible information with regards to breast feeding and the way women's bodies function in that regard. Aside from that, if i remember correctly, their information is studied/written with the aid of doctors and nurses, as well as a lot of scientific research. It's not just hippie nursing moms spouting information.

I wouldn't argue with Perry,

Isn't she some type of research immunologist on contagious diseases?