Menu

Obnoxious lawyers calling (recording)-AAAH

I answer the phone this morning and it is a recording from some unscrupulous lawyers trolling for a lawsuit. I guess they bought prescription information from CVS and then jumped to the conclusion that I was on bcp which caused me to get a blood clot. NO, I have a genetic condition that predisposes me, then I broke my leg, and took three plane flights. But even if I had taken the bcp, blood clots are a listed hazard so how can you sue? I am not a litigation type and am all for trial reform, especially after living in Europe and seeing first hand how our litigious society has made things worse. (There are so much better playgrounds in Europe because you assume your own risk if you let your children play and they fall and I approve of that.)

I answer the phone this morning and it is a recording from some unscrupulous lawyers trolling for a lawsuit. I guess they bought prescription information from CVS and then jumped to the conclusion that I was on bcp which caused me to get a blood clot. NO, I have a genetic condition that predisposes me, then I broke my leg, and took three plane flights. But even if I had taken the bcp, blood clots are a listed hazard so how can you sue? I am not a litigation type and am all for trial reform, especially after living in Europe and seeing first hand how our litigious society has made things worse. (There are so much better playgrounds in Europe because you assume your own risk if you let your children play and they fall and I approve of that.)

I have photos of my kids on a playground in The Netherlands where the monkey bars are over a pond. But, they have socialized medicine. That's why they don't have to worry about caring for their kids, if their kids are injured.