Menu

Common ap: course descriptions?

nancy in nj

For those of you who submitted course descriptions (Required by Chapel Hill) with you common ap, which section did you submit them under?

I see two possibilities:

1. As an addendum to the School Profile or

2. In the same file as the transcript so the file would include:

1 page transcript, outside documentation/grade reports from PA homeschoolers etc to support the transcript and then 3 my 7 page course description.

I'm torn....will those familiar with the common app please give me your opinions?

Thanks!

Nancy

Nancy,

I put the 8 pages of course descriptions after the transcript, and I uploaded them all together in the secondary school report form under "transcript".

The transcript was a one page document that just listed the course names, how many credits they were worth, and the grade. The course descriptions contained a 3 - 5 sentence narrative of the course followed by a list of the books, DVDs, etc. that we used. I also included the instructor name and qualifications for courses taught by some one outside the home.

Brenda

I did it in the same file as the transcript. I would put it before the grade reports. I would, however, note on the transcript page with a footnote where to find them.

Many schools don't need to see the grade reports from outside providers (unless they are a brick and mortar school or a college.) I didn't provide them for my son and no one asked to see them. If someone had asked, I suppose I could have scrounged them. Most of our outside providers didn't give us much in the way of documentation. If I had asked, I could have received more info, though.