Dr Who

Firefly

Torchwood

Warehouse 13

Eureka

SGU

SG1

SGA

Not really Sci Fi but have also watched (when they were on originally) and in some cases rewatched a lot of

Xfiles, Numbers, Merlin, Quantum leap

I never got in fighting shows like Xena, Highlander

Due to my back issue, I have to lay flat for several hours a day, so I like having a TV series to watch to entertain me while I do it. Any suggestions?

I couldn't get into Battlestar Galactica. I only made it to episode 3 or 4, so if it gets better after that I could possibly try.

Well there goes my suggestion.. :lol: (Highlander)

Of course you could always watch it for the eye candy, like I do!

Not scifi but would you be interested in Lost? I just watched all 6 seasons while recovering from a csection:001_smile: I was hooked for sure. I will most definitely be watching them all again soon. Dd5 even became obsessed. (Although there is some language and things that we had to cover her eyes/ears on)

Im into Once Upon A Time right now. Not my usual thing but its very good so far.

Edited by BlessedMomma

What you've listed are some of my favorite shows, so I'll give it a go...

What about Farscape? It's silly scifi, but I've managed to watch the whole thing, and it's got Mitchell and Vala from the last two seasons of Stargate SG1 (they spoofed that show on Episode 200 of SG1).

Also, a lot of people who like the shows I like seem to love Supernatural - I've never watched a single episode, but I'm starting to wonder if I should...

Oh, and not scifi, but the new BBC Sherlock, written by Steven Moffat of Dr. Who (sadly, only three episodes on Netflix, so that would be over too soon...)

Also, a lot of people who like the shows I like seem to love Supernatural - I've never watched a single episode, but I'm starting to wonder if I should...

Oh, and not scifi, but the new BBC Sherlock, written by Steven Moffat of Dr. Who (sadly, only three episodes on Netflix, so that would be over too soon...)

My dd loves Supernatural. It's campy and the guys are nice to look at. :D I think of it as a grittier Charmed with guys. The writing is decent and it is fun to just sit and watch.

Love, love, love BBC Sherlock.

I don't know if Fringe is on Netflix. It's a good show.

I haven't seen it yet, but I was thinking of trying the Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles

I think you're talking about "Outcasts". I have that in my queue, but haven't had time to watch any episodes yet.

Yep. That's it. It was interesting. Short though.

Primeval, another BBC series. Not sure if Netflix has all the episodes yet or not (Mr. Ellie sleuthed around the Internet and found the ones that Netflix didn't have at that time).

I just thought of Primeval and was going to add that. It was fun, though I never finished the whole thing. The cast kept changing, which I didn't love.

Netflix just added season 2!

And since after watching Sherlock you will become a Benedict Cumberbatch fan you'll have to watch The Last Enemy (Masterpiece Contemporary--5 episodes).

I have watched and recently rewatched:

Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Next Gen, Enterprise

Dr Who

Firefly

Torchwood

Warehouse 13

Eureka

SGU

SG1

SGA

Not really Sci Fi but have also watched (when they were on originally) and in some cases rewatched a lot of

Xfiles, Numbers, Merlin, Quantum leap

I never got in fighting shows like Xena, Highlander

Due to my back issue, I have to lay flat for several hours a day, so I like having a TV series to watch to entertain me while I do it. Any suggestions?

I couldn't get into Battlestar Galactica. I only made it to episode 3 or 4, so if it gets better after that I could possibly try.

Have you watched Farscape? How about the old series "Sliders?"

Lisa

6 episodes now. ;)

The UK "Being Human" is supposed to be good. Lately we've been watching old school sci-fi on Netflix, like the Twilight Zone and MST3K. There's also Joss Whedon's other stuff like Angel and Buffy.

Farscape

-The pilot episode is very cheesy and low budget. I almost gave up on the show because of it. Give it a few episodes because the acting and production quality improves quickly.

-Some of the main characters are Muppet aliens. One of them is an evolved slug that is hungrier than a 15 year old boy. It's funny.

Outcasts

-Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 8 episodes, so the audience is left hanging.

Lost

-The writers had the characters of this show planned from the beginning. Many shows bumble around for a season or two trying to decide what to do with them. Lost skips this phase.

-I find most shows predictable, but Lost always kept me guessing, even X-Files did back in the day.

Babylon 5

-Every episode was written by the same man, who had planned out all five seasons ahead of time. This means that the show doesn't have the loose ends and wandering plot lines that so many shows suffer from.

-The characters and their squabbles are much more realistic than Star Trek. Londo Mallari is greedy and power hungry, like an alien Napoleon.

I haven't seen, but DH recommends Jericho, Heroes, Merlin, Legend of the Seeker, Walking Dead, and Supernatural.

Along the same line of Merlin is The Legend of the Seeker. I don't ever remember it airing and it's a bit on the B-Series side, but it's entertaining. It's based on a series by Terry Goodkind.

Not a Sci-Fi show, but we really enjoyed The IT Crowd. It's a British sitcom about a group of IT workers at a large company. My Dh is in IT and he LOVED it!

The British version of Being Human was good, but there are A LOT of pale, British, nekkid butts! Quite a bit of s@x too.

Another in the line of not Sci-Fi but still really good is Sherlock.

Edited by BigMamaBird

• 3 years later...

Farscape

-The pilot episode is very cheesy and low budget. I almost gave up on the show because of it. Give it a few episodes because the acting and production quality improves quickly.

-Some of the main characters are Muppet aliens. One of them is an evolved slug that is hungrier than a 15 year old boy. It's funny.

Outcasts

-Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 8 episodes, so the audience is left hanging.

Lost

-The writers had the characters of this show planned from the beginning. Many shows bumble around for a season or two trying to decide what to do with them. Lost skips this phase.

-I find most shows predictable, but Lost always kept me guessing, even X-Files did back in the day.

Babylon 5

-Every episode was written by the same man, who had planned out all five seasons ahead of time. This means that the show doesn't have the loose ends and wandering plot lines that so many shows suffer from.

-The characters and their squabbles are much more realistic than Star Trek. Londo Mallari is greedy and power hungry, like an alien Napoleon.

I haven't seen, but DH recommends Jericho, Heroes, Merlin, Legend of the Seeker, Walking Dead, and Supernatural.

I loved Outcasts it was like watching Earth 2 and Terra Nova.