Menu

Loss of fat layer in hands

I know this is probably a normal part of aging, but is there a way to help restore the fat layer to your hands as you age? I'm more concerned about the risk to injury of the skin than I am concerned about my hands looking older. I'm quite the clumsy person and have been know to hit my hands as I walk by a doorknob.

I haven't lost any weight in the last 3-4 years, but the tendons and veins in my hands stand out a lot more than they did a few years ago. The veins in my feet are much more noticeable, too.

It happens in your hands and feet as you age. It is why our feet hurt too! I watched a documentary where they injected someone's feet with something to give them cushion back. It cost about $500 (when I watched the show a few years ago) and is supposed to last a few years. I don't know I'd they can do it with your hands. I think injecting my feet would be totally worth it!

It is a natural part of aging. Flesh recedes from the extremities. That is why people start having cold feet and cold hands as well.

The other thing about aging is that your teeth start to move around.

I would think that cold hands and feet are actually due to lowered metabolism. Also, as the bones thin with age (a natural occurrence -our bones are building up and tearing down throughout our lives, but as we age the tearing down phase is favored) the teeth would become looser.

We lose the fat pads directly under the skin all over our bodies. It's part of aging. Certain supplements can help, but it's more a function of hormones.

It is a natural part of aging. Flesh recedes from the extremities. That is why people start having cold feet and cold hands as well.

The other thing about aging is that your teeth start to move around.

Nice thought :eek: . At my latest big teeth xray (it had been a good 10 years since something like a panoramic) I learned that I've lost some of the roots in my lower front teeth--no wonder they are a teeny, tiny bit loose.

PS I figured out how to do that emoticon by a guess, & it worked. I am going to try that more often.