Menu

CW Diogenes Commonplace Book

noashmam

If you set up a commonplace book, can you help? On the numbering of the pages, instructions say to write on pg 15 of the commonplace book "Progymnasmata Headers"....and then a few lines down, the instructions are to subdivide the section "Progymnasmata Headers" into separate sections and to write on page 15 "Encomium." So on page 15 should my son write both "Progymnasmata Headers" and Encomium? I'm wondering if its' a mistake and he should skip a few pages and write "Encomium" on page 17 instead. It probably doesn't matter, but since he's taking the time to write in the book in PEN, I'd like for it be correct since he won't be able to erase. He's a leftie and he prefers pen. Thanks!

Kim

Sorry, no experience with this.

I do have a kiddo who strongly prefers to write with a pen, though. We got the Frixion Pen for her to try out. It is a pretty good pen for her and erasable (the most important part).

However, what we did not know is that heat makes the ink disappear. When her writing was exposed to heat, she lost most of her science notebook.

a devastating loss, I assure you.

Just letting you know b/c I wish we had known.

Hi, I found my older dd's commonplace book for Diogenes...she has Progymnasma Headers and Encomium on the same page together. She has colored flags separating the headers from Rhetorical Topics, Special Rhetorical Terms, Figures of Speech, Logic and Favorite Passages.

Sorry, no experience with this.

I do have a kiddo who strongly prefers to write with a pen, though. We got the Frixion Pen for her to try out. It is a pretty good pen for her and erasable (the most important part).

However, what we did not know is that heat makes the ink disappear. When her writing was exposed to heat, she lost most of her science notebook.

a devastating loss, I assure you.

Just letting you know b/c I wish we had known.

Thanks for the info. :)

Hi, I found my older dd's commonplace book for Diogenes...she has Progymnasma Headers and Encomium on the same page together. She has colored flags separating the headers from Rhetorical Topics, Special Rhetorical Terms, Figures of Speech, Logic and Favorite Passages.

Thank you so much. This really helps!

Kim