Menu

This is just too stressful :( Miscarriage related, prob tmi.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for all of the words of support. It really does mean a lot, and it does help.

I called my doctor this morning and they want me to go in at 3 PM today for an ultrasound to see where things stand.

The bleeding has gotten a little heavier but I still have not m/c yet.

I really doubt they'll send me for a D&C late this afternoon/evening but maybe she will give me the option to go in the morning if nothing has changed by then.

I will update again later.

You can also just go into a paint strainer from Home Depot. Like you would with kidney stones.

I'm so sorry, babe. It sucks. I've done it five times and it sucks every time. Once I had a commitment I couldn't get out of and bled through my pants at a Cub Scout meeting. Nice.

I'm so so sorry and wish I could give you a big hug and some liquor.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry you're dealing with this again. In your shoes, I think I would definitely consider asking for a D&C, especially if they want to do genetic testing. Or you could ask for a 'hat'--they type they put under toilet seats to catch urine specimens.

:grouphug: Yes, I agree. A D&C might be the easiest to manage at this point. I'm terribly sorry. It stinks and I wish I could do magic for you.

So they call me back to do weight, blood pressure etc and as I'm. Walking toward that room I feel a big gush of blood and tell them I have to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom I see a stack of cups for peeing in, crouch and go in that, and a kind of biggish clot came out. A nurse took it, I went and did the weight, blood pressure, etc, and as they are leading me to exam room same thing happened. They collected that too. I wait I'm exam room a min or two and feel like I have to go again- one more clot but I couldn't catch that one and lost it. :(

So then they figure they may as well do ultrasound again, and that was it- everything was out.

Dr said first scan had shown sac was sort of compressed, fetal pole still there but no heartbeat, and now it's all out. So that's it, over, and I'm gonna have a big freakin glass of wine tonight.

I am a little nervous that last clot I couldn't catch was what (or part of what) they needed to test but she said she thinks she has what she needs and they're sending it out tonight for testing.

I have to follow up in a month to see if they got results if I haven't heard from her by then.

She said her gut feeling is that it's chromosomal. I hope so. That would mean just another fluke and try again.

Three babies officially gone. Sucks so much. But glad if it had to happen it happened the way it did, where they could collect and rescan right away.

Thanks for being here for me.

My heart is breaking for you Nance. I wish you hadn't had to go alone to that appt. I'm so sorry your pregnancy had to end this way, but I'm glad the hard part is finally over for you. Be gentle on yourself over the next few days and get the rest and healing you need :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

My husband was with me at the appt. thank you. I am just relieved at this point that it is over with. Very sad but relieved too. It was really stressful waiting that out.

So they call me back to do weight, blood pressure etc and as I'm. Walking toward that room I feel a big gush of blood and tell them I have to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom I see a stack of cups for peeing in, crouch and go in that, and a kind of biggish clot came out. A nurse took it, I went and did the weight, blood pressure, etc, and as they are leading me to exam room same thing happened. They collected that too. I wait I'm exam room a min or two and feel like I have to go again- one more clot but I couldn't catch that one and lost it. :(

So then they figure they may as well do ultrasound again, and that was it- everything was out.

Dr said first scan had shown sac was sort of compressed, fetal pole still there but no heartbeat, and now it's all out. So that's it, over, and I'm gonna have a big freakin glass of wine tonight.

I am a little nervous that last clot I couldn't catch was what (or part of what) they needed to test but she said she thinks she has what she needs and they're sending it out tonight for testing.

I have to follow up in a month to see if they got results if I haven't heard from her by then.

She said her gut feeling is that it's chromosomal. I hope so. That would mean just another fluke and try again.

Three babies officially gone. Sucks so much. But glad if it had to happen it happened the way it did, where they could collect and rescan right away.

Thanks for being here for me.

:grouphug::grouphug: I hope you are able to relax a bit with that glass of wine.

:crying: I am so very sorry. :grouphug: I'm glad it is over and your dh is with you. <sigh> Unbelievably crappy, this whole lousy situation - AGAIN.

(I am so angry over this. I felt SO angry with my 4th loss in a row. I was shocked at how sometimes the anger outweighed the pain, even. And I am just p*ssed that you are going through this. :mad: )

:grouphug:

And I totally appreciate you guys being pissed on my behalf!

It seems like I'm having much more bleeding than I did after the last m/c and a lot of large clotting that I don't recall happening last time either. I hope that is normal. I am about two weeks further along (by lmp) than I was with the last one (just over 9 weeks compared to just over 7) but again the baby's measurements never got past 6 weeks, so, I don't know...