Menu

So what are your children reading?

He is reading Capital Mysteries.

My older one says that he is bogged down with reading. He read A Wrinkle in Time, then The Last Battle.

Wait, is this for school or leisure? My older son said that he was bogged down with school readings to do his leisure ones. He is reading, Our Young Folks Plutarch, Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare, Story of the World vol.4 (his favorite book).

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and my 9yo is on a quest, like someone else I read about here, to read through the entire Hank the Cowdog series. My 13yo did that when he was in 2nd grade. Seems like yesterday!

I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by all the pre-teens reading such advanced stuff! My 13yo isn't even *close* to reading some of those books.

Yikes!:eek:

Updating since the kids go through books so fast....

Ds11= Through The Looking Glass (just finished Alice in Wonderland)- Quick, easy read, but he had never read them and wanted to.

Xenocide by Orson Scott Card (3rd Ender's Game book). He has the 4th and 5th Ender's Game book checked out, so he will probably read those this week too.

Ds6= He has had a big leap in reading ability and speed in the last couple of weeks. He went from reading one Magic Tree House book a week to one a day (or more). So he is still working through those. He has a stack of 8 for this week. For required school reading he is reading Charlotte's Web and several Greek Myth books.